How do I make the "receive" column appear in reports?

Options
Leslie Lewis
Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I print a register or transaction report, the "receive" column that shows in the register is not included in the report. The "receive" column is not an option in the "show column list" when customizing reports. I use Quicken Premier Release "R45.7" . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the actual name of the "receive" column in the register that you refer to? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Its labeled "receive." Attached is a screen capture of the column headings.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Aha. I am running 44.28 and those columns are labeled Payment and Deposit for bank accounts and Charge and Payment for credit card accounts. I guess after all these years someone at Quicken thought that was confusing and renamed the columns.

Those columns are not available in Quicken's reports, just the Amount column, which is positive for amounts received and negative for amounts spent.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the account type?

I'm using R45.7 and I don't see Spend/Receive.  I suspect this is a business account type.

Also, for future reference it is better to include an image instead of a PDF, it is just easier to view on this forum.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found it, it is Spend and Receive in a cash account type.
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Is the Cash account type new? I have never seen that before. It looks like it is just a limited, offline only  type of Banking account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the Cash account type new? I have never seen that before. It looks like it is just a limited, offline only  type of Banking account.
    No, the Cash account type has been around for as long as I can remember.  It is an offline account only type, and as you said it is very limited.  For instance, no reconcile, only "Update Balance".

I wouldn't recommend them for anything, I would use a Savings account type instead.
    Signature:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had, and used, a Cash account for as long as I can remember.  And I "count the cash" (wallets and our cash box) monthly and do an "Update Balance" in that account.
    I also use the Cash account when I withdraw from an ATM.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back to the original question, if you print the register (Ctrl-p or from the gear icon), the Receive and Spend columns will be printed for a Cash-type account. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    I've had, and used, a Cash account for as long as I can remember.  And I "count the cash" (wallets and our cash box) monthly and do an "Update Balance" in that account.
    I also use the Cash account when I withdraw from an ATM.

It sounds like you run a tight ship!

These days we pay for almost everything with credit cards and do not attempt to track cash. ATM withdrawals go to Household:Cash. 20 years ago the Cash category was about $8,000 per year, now it is more like $2,000 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    In a cash account, I can't find a way to prevent the Receive column from printing in the register report. It appears even when removed from the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Options
    Confusingly, Quicken has two "Register" reports. The old style report, which looks like a carry-over from the DOS days, is what you get with a Ctrl-P  or File > Print <account name> when viewing a register. The newer report is displayed when you click on the register's gear menu  and pick More reports then Register Report. This is a Banking Transactions report that has been filtered to include only the current account. This is the report that only has the Balance column.
This discussion has been closed.