My Quicken Mac has stopped updating balances. Solutions???

Options
webakerjr
webakerjr Member ✭✭
Quicken Version 6.9.0, macOS 12.6

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    webakerjr said:
    Quicken Version 6.9.0, macOS 12.6
    Hello @webakerjr,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with updating. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing this across multiple accounts, and with multiple financial institutions? When does this occur; after trying to perform One Step Updates? When did this issue begin?

I hope to provide more assistance once a little more detail is provided regarding the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. Yes I experience this problem among multiple accounts on 3 financial institutions.
    2. The problem occurs when I ask Quicken to update all accounts.
    3. The issue began to occur about a week ago with a "Waiting for Quicken Cloud" message.
    4. I tried to record the result of a recent event: "Updating online data" , after 3-5 minutes "Waiting for Quicken Cloud" this last message lasts for an in determent period.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @webakerjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. Well, not very well. I tried to follow your steps carefully. I got to the sign in screen where I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to newer version. I answered NO. Now no response.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    webakerjr said:
    1. Well, not very well. I tried to follow your steps carefully. I got to the sign in screen where I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to newer version. I answered NO. Now no response.
    Hello @webakejr,   

I am sorry about this emerging issue with the upgrade requests and program hanging. Thank you for continuing to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did you receive the screen shots? I also received something from DocGer with no content
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    webakerjr said:
    Did you receive the screen shots? I also received something from DocGer with no content
    Hello @webakerjr,   

I am sorry that this issue is continuing, and thank you for providing those helpful screenshots; I have, indeed, received those.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Make sure you have synced all changes if you are making use of the Mobile app. Next, proceed through the steps provided below:
    1. In the Quicken option in the top of the screen, choose Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click on the blue "Reset" link to start the process.
    Let us know how this works!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    JARED, Thank you for the suggestions. File>Save a backup file is grey (inactive) I do not find a Quicken option at the top of screen. Under the Quicken pulldown, Preferences is grey (inactive) I do not find a Cloud Account section. What next?

Bill Baker
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    webakerjr said:
    JARED, Thank you for the suggestions. File>Save a backup file is grey (inactive) I do not find a Quicken option at the top of screen. Under the Quicken pulldown, Preferences is grey (inactive) I do not find a Cloud Account section. What next?

Bill Baker
    Hello @webakrjr,   

I am sorry about this issue with grey and inactive screens. Thank you for seeking additional information about this here on the Quicken Community.

Try holding down Command, alt+option, and esc at the same time, then Force Quit the application when this happens. Then, reopen the Quicken application after a few moments. Are you able to enter the menu options mentioned earlier, now?

Let us know about your results, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is no change after the Forced Quit and restart
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    webakerjr said:
    There is no change after the Forced Quit and restart
    Hello @webakerjr,   

I am sorry to hear that this problem is persisting even after these additional troubleshooting steps. Thank you for working with us on this issue.

Do you mean that the menu options are still 'grayed out?' Is there any way you could provide another screenshot of what you are seeing in the Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services area? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. What I see in the Quicken>Prefences Screen Shot 1 When I start Quicken this is the next screen shot Then it changes to Screen Shot 3 after approx. 10 to 60 seconds When I type something in this screen, it changes to Screen shot 4.
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    For clarity, in my previous 1st sentence there should be a "." after screen shot 1.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @webakerjr

Have you rebooted your Macintosh? Now try launching Quicken.

If that does not help, then a useful test would be to log into another account on your Macintosh and launch Quicken there.
    If you don't have another account on your Mac, you can create one by going to Apple menu: System Preferences > Users & Groups, then clicking on the + sign at the bottom of the sidebar that shows User(s).

a) Does Quicken start in this other account, and let you go to Preferences?
    b) Under Preferences > Connected Services: do you see your Quicken ID?  Can you bring up the My Quicken Account screen by clicking on the Edit Account... button?

Going further, bring a copy of your current Quicken data file into this other account. Try to open the data file in Quicken. What happens?

The above exercise will establish a level of confidence that Quicken will run on your computer and on you Internet connection. It does this by bypassing any possible problems that may have developed in your regular account. If Quicken works in the separate account, then we know the next step would be to fix whatever is the problem in your regular account. If it does not work, then one must start looking elsewhere for the problem.

Note that I have outlined the testing procedure, but have not debugged it myself. You will likely encounter steps you must take such as logging in to your Quicken account. Additionally, if you open your Quicken data file in the separate Mac account and then go back to you main account and open your Quicken data file there, Quicken may ask you to confirm that the data file you are opening is the correct latest version.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have rebooted multiple times with no change. I created a new account and tried to open Quicken, this produced a window which says "Quicken need an internet connect connection". There is an internet connection. Other apps open properly.
  • webakerjr
    webakerjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken is unusable now it won't even open. Can I restart with a new Quicken download and link what is left of the data file?
This discussion has been closed.