Fidelity Rewards Visa card not connecting to Quicken (MAC)

Options
Ken Eiken
Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
About a week ago, Quicken no longer connected to my Fidelity Rewards Visa card. I have spoken to Quicken Tech Support twice and they told me in a recent email that my login credentials are not correct. I have logged in successfully to both websites: login.elancreditcard.com AND login.fidelityrewards.com (same username and password are working in both sites). The error I get trying to reconnect the Visa with Quicken is "Did you mistype your login information?". I'm hoping someone in the community has some suggestions to how to fix this. Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Ken Eiken said:
    About a week ago, Quicken no longer connected to my Fidelity Rewards Visa card. I have spoken to Quicken Tech Support twice and they told me in a recent email that my login credentials are not correct. I have logged in successfully to both websites: login.elancreditcard.com AND login.fidelityrewards.com (same username and password are working in both sites). The error I get trying to reconnect the Visa with Quicken is "Did you mistype your login information?". I'm hoping someone in the community has some suggestions to how to fix this. Thanks!
    Hello @Ken Eiken

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you noticed any particular error codes when trying to log into online banking services? Also, have you taken a look at the steps listed in the following Support Article (be sure to save a backup before attempting any troubleshooting by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen) linked here? [Removed-Innacurate Information].

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared - thanks for the help! Both times when I worked with Tech Support, we saved my data and opened up a "new" Quicken to that and log on. It gave me the same "Did you mistype your login information". Additionally, there are no other error codes. I do know there are some other issues with Fidelity Investments, but those are all working correctly in my Quicken. I'm stumped! Ken
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The Elan/Fidelity Visa connection is down right now. I'm getting "Download Error (-28) CP_SCRIPT_ERROR: FDP-101:General Error. Layout has been changed.

I've seen Fidelity Visa's connection from Quicken be down occasionally, especially on the weekend, and it usually corrects itself if you're patient. But this time may need intervention from Intuit to correct the script.

That said, it sounds like you may have a different error. What kind of special characters do you have in your password? I think Fidelity Visa can be finicky about special characters when connecting from Quicken. You may want to change your password to one that has no special characters and see if that helps.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK - I do have some special characters in my password. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
  • jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    Ken indicated that he was able to sign on directly to Fidelity Rewards website; which I can do as well. Fidelity Rewards does not have a problem with special characters. I'm guessing that something changed in the format of the page that Quicken is using to log into the website. The FDP-101 error comes along with a message indicating a script error due to a format change. I spent 40 years building software systems and this certainly seems like an issue on the Quicken side. There is another post entitled "ONGOING 11/18/2022 UNFCU FDP-101 CP Script Error". Same issue with another bank entitled UNFCU. Here is the text of the post...I suggest that the Fidelity Rewards issue needs to be escalated and addressed. Quicken Jared - can you do that or do I need to call Quicken?

"At this time we have identified that UNFCU is giving an FDP-101 error. This has been escalated internally and we are currently working with our service provider to resolve the issue.

To be notified of updates as they become available, please click the bookmark ribbon located in the upper right.

(Ticket #9801746/CTP-4836)

Thanks!

-Quicken Janean"
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Ken Eiken and @jblevy01,

Thank you for reaching out to share this issue. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for sharing that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an active alert regarding Fidelity Rewards members experiencing online banking errors, specifically an FDP-101. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response.
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi all - just an FYI, I communicated with Quicken tech support twice and got the same answer (including an email telling me the same thing), thus I reached out to this group. I assume I just need to stand by and wait for some announcement of resolution? Thanks! Ken
  • jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    I spent many years working software development. I'm sure there is a queue of fixes that need to be made, they get prioritized, and eventually scheduled to be fixed. In my experience, depending on the nature of the fix and the number of people experiencing the issue; things can get fixed in minutes or months.

Quicken Jasmine ... I have seen a few other posts for different banks with the same error. Can you provide any insight into how long it typically takes for this type of fix to make it into production (just an estimate ... not looking for a commitment...:-)?
  • Ketcham
    Ketcham Member
    Options
    I see a "closed" discussion on this...

I've had the issue for about 4 days now.

"Download Error (-28)
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-101:General error. Layout has been changed."

I can log on to Fidelity, directly, with no problem.

I'll try the "Error When Updating Accounts: 103 or 101" method, but it seems this problem is still occurring.

Hopefully Fidelity, or Quicken, can find a solution so everyone with a Fidelity card doesn't have to do this individually!
  • RickO
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • RickO
    Options
    As of this morning, I had a "successful" connection to Fidelity Rewards Visa. However, the account status window showed 4 new transactions downloaded BUT there were not new transactions showing in the register. I'm hoping this was just a glitch related to the fix.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior?
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK - I went to the Fidelity Rewards website and changed my username and password.  Same issue with Quicken - it asks me if I entered my information correctly.  This is clearly a Quicken issue that is not getting addressed.  What are my next steps?  (BTW - it behaves the same way on another account I have too.). Looking forward to getting this solved!
  • jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    Mine is working fine.
  • jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    Try taking the account offline and then back online. I had mine offline and did some manual downloads. I then reconnected and it worked as expected.
  • RickO
    Options
    I agree with the above. Try disconnecting the account. But before reconnecting, change you password to one without any special characters. It may be an issue with certain special characters. Then try reconnecting the account in Quicken.
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Appreciate the help, but still not working.  I changed my password to have letters only.  

Here is the error I'm getting:
    Right now, my ONLY option is to manually enter entries from the Fidelity Rewards website.  

This is getting very frustrating!  Any ideas on what to do next?  Thanks!
  • jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options
    This is a different error than I was getting. My error said an invalid format was detected due to changes on the target website. If you select the correct bank entry when setting up the quicken connection (Fidelity Rewards Credit Card / Quicken Connect) and can log in directly to fidelityrewards.com with that login, that should work. The website periodically ask a personal question as well that can cause issues. Maybe your old login is not being cleared. There is an update login and reset connection button. You can download a specified date range of transactions at the fidelityrewards.com website in quicken format and drag and drop the file to the account register to avoid manual entry of each transaction but you have to take the account offline (Disconnect Account button).
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!  The account is already disconnected from Quicken.  I guess I'm stuck with manual entry from the Fidelity Rewards CC website.  I'll try Quicken tech support later this month.
  • eponymous
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue connecting with my Fidelity Rewards Card account (other Fidelity accounts sync fine). When I downloaded the QFX file instead, it tells me it can't read that data file!
  • Jeanne111
    Jeanne111 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not working!
  • Jeanne111
    Jeanne111 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just got it to work by disconnecting account, then adding new account "Fidelity Rewards Card" (was connecting to "Elan Financial Services" and this worked.
  • RickO
    Options
    When it has stopped working for me, I have switched from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity Rewards Card or vice versa. That has almost always gotten it working again right away.
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the insight!  I had a long discussion with Quicken Tech Support this morning because the same problem is happening on Fidelity / Citibank (Costco Card) and UFB Savings bank.  It is escalated to higher level IT @ Quicken and they are going to follow up with a solution (hopefully).
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Ken, I'm wondering if you have had any luck resolving this problem? I've been experiencing the same issue for over a month. Several of my accounts (from multiple institutions) are unable to connect and give me the error "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for <institution>". Obviously I have very carefully confirmed the sign-in info, and again this is happening for multiple institutions simultaneously. I have logged over 15 hours with Quicken support at this point with no resolution.

Initial troubleshooting attempts included: signing out/in of Quicken account, trying to connect to the institutions in a brand new file, trying to connect over a different internet connection, changing the password at the institution website, restoring from back up, reseting the cloud account, disabling mobile sync, waiting a day, waiting a week, deleting Mac key-chain data, un-installing/re-installing Quicken, cancelling/re-subscribing my Quicken subscription, and more - none have worked! At best, the error sometimes changes to a CC-929 error, which Quicken support tells me means there's been too many login attempts and the account is locked for 24 hours before more troubleshooting can occur.

Now lately I've been stuck in a loop of Quicken support telling me it has been escalated to their elevated team, and then later following up saying that the elevated team says it has been fixed - despite no one else ever contacting me and nothing ever happening. Very frustrating!! So much for my premier subscription with "priority support."

So anyways, your post seems to be a very similar issue happening in the same time frame. So if you ever get through to the elevated support team and/or find a solution, please share your results! I'll do the same! :)
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your note!  We are in the same boat!  I recently went through another round with Quicken Tech support and (like you) it has been escalated and they would reach out.  Crickets so far...  I'm not really sure how to proceed.  Have you tried Tiller at all?  I believe it is like Quicken but works off Excel and Google Sheets.  I don't want to leave Quicken (been using it for years) but if I keep losing accounts that work in the system, I'm going to have to find another vendor!
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same boat indeed! I’ve been racking my brains over this for weeks and, just like you, all it’s done is make me consider other services more and more. I haven’t used anything other than Quicken before, and I haven’t done a ton of research yet on what else I would try next, but I’m definitely reaching that point of throwing in the towel.

The disorganized and/or complete lack of support from Quicken (especially for an issue like this that makes the software virtually unusable) has been really disappointing. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had to re-explain my issues and status to another rep, just for them to keep me on hold for an hour or more and then tell me that someone will get back to me with escalated support. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for just a bit longer, but am definitely losing hope quickly..

Let me know if you make any progress! Or perhaps we’ll just end up turning this thread into a discussion on what alternative vendors we like the best! :D
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi again. I finally reached a 'resolution' of sorts. I posted a very long explanation on the other thread that I had started here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927027/did-you-mistype-your-sign-in-info-no-solution-after-15-hours-spent-with-quicken-support#latest

Hopefully this helps someone! Cheers!
  • Ken Eiken
    Ken Eiken Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Holy cow!  Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.