One biller website and different user name and password

Options
I have two different logins for Chase.com but can't see how to add the second. When I enter chase.com as the website, it shows the 2 accounts linked to the first login but does not give me the option to enter a different user name and password. Please advise.

Thank you

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many accounts do you have at Chase?  How many Chase accounts do you have setup in Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have 2 accounts with one login and 1 account with the other.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That answered my 1st question.  How about the 2nd?

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    All 3 accounts are setup in Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Deleted.  I mistakenly thought this was for downloading transactions, not online bills.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only get the result that you posted above when conducting the search under "add account." Searching for Chase under add online biller results in:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 2.20.38 PM
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, try TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to that 3rd account.  Click Online Services and click Activate, Setup or whatever appears there.
    What happens?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, sorry, my mistake!

I thought you were talking about downloading transactions, not bills!

In the case of bills, I don't use that service, but I have a feeling you have run into a limitation of the system.
    Signature:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought we were talking about transactions also.  I don't use that function,  so I'll bow out also.

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    I discovered that this Chase account had not been setup for online access. Once I did that the option to add for bill pay was available. Thank you all for your responses.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I discovered that this Chase account had not been setup for online access. Once I did that the option to add for bill pay was available. Thank you all for your responses.
    By "bill pay" I am assuming you are not referring to the Bank Bill Pay service (sending bill payment commands from within Quicken directly to your Chase checking account's bill payment service).  Bank Bill Pay is no longer available with Chase because Chase discontinued support for Direct Connect.
    But you should be able to pay bills with Chase via Quicken's Bill Manager Check Pay.service.  And I understand that Chase eBills (paying bills with a credit card or with a credit line account) is now available.  But both of these are very different from the Bank Bill Pay service.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was referring to adding the automatic monthly credit card account payment to Quicken as quick pay which I now have successfully setup. Still confused by Quicken classifying these as "Check Pay" instead of "Quick Pay" since no check is required. They debit my checking account for these payments.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Check Pay" means that the third-party bill payment service sends out a physical check.  "Quick Pay" means it is done with an electronic transfer.
    Signature:
  • Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for that explanation which confirms my confusion. ALL of my credit card accounts are paid via electronic transfer and do NOT require a physical check. Why does Quicken classify them as "check pay?"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't use the system, but that is how they explained the terms, so yes, the fact that they are electronic (which would be the only way they can work for a credit card) really "messes up" the explanation of the terms.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.