Retag Transactions - Does not work

Options
2»

Comments

• mark_amey
    mark_amey Member ✭✭
    Options

This is so frusterating. Just spent an hour with tech support with them rebuilding my file, having me sign in and out, etc. . . and then coming back and telling me it's a known issue. They're acting like it only came up in January. Here's the link to it BTW:

Litterally the only reason I use quick is to aggregate my data and report on it. I don't pay bills on it, I don't budget with it. So, if the reporting doesn't work - what good is it? (I've been using this product since 1995. . . .)

QUICKEN TECHNICAL SUPPORT PLEASE HELP!

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @mark_amey ,

This will be fixed in a future release, hopefully soon. We do not have an ETA but we did verify a fix for this issue is coming.Thank you for your patience and I am sorry for the trouble caused.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Retagging does work; but currently not from Quicken reports.

Instead, use the Quicken All Transactions pseudo-register; 
    - sort on Tag (not required, it just makes the next step easier)
    - select all the transactions to be modified as you would select multiple files in Windows Explorer
    - right-click a selected transactions
    - select Edit transaction(s)
    - In the resulting Find and Replace dialog:
    -- make sure desired transactions are "Select"ed
    -- select "Tag" in the "Replace" dropdown
    -- select the desired new Tag name in the "With" dropdown
    -- click Replace All

The above works for any otherwise allowed mass changes to transactions. 

In fact, it's actually better than using Quicken reports, since Quicken reports cannot mass change fields contained within split transactions (namely: category, tag, memo, amount).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jgsd
    jgsd Member
    Options

This workaround isn't better if you have multiple accounts

• jgsd
    jgsd Member
    Options

The find and replace works in the report, however, there are no available NOT, DOES NOT CONTAIN, DOES NOT BEGIN WITH, etc. operators to limit the search and no way to mass select results.

Apparently this problem has been around for months and isn't a priority for Quicken.🤐

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ken Stevens
    Ken Stevens Member ✭✭
    Options
    48.15 did not work for me, but I just installed 49.22 from this page and retagging now works again...frustrating though! https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
This discussion has been closed.