Quicken Chase Checking Accounts Reconciliation Pending Transactions

Options
Today I updated several Chase account in Quicken, then reconciled them. One of my Chase checking accounts has two pending transactions which affect the "online balance" and causes it to disagree with the Quicken balance. I cannot reconcile this account.

Since there could frequently be pending transactions in this account, it is conceivable that I will never be able to reconcile it. This needs attention. Thanks!

[Edited and Replaced Screenshot to Remove Personal Info]

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mr Toole to You,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The issue you described recently had an Alert that was marked resolved. Since you are still experiencing this after the Alert was marked resolved, we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja and @Mr Toole to You Just so you are aware of it.  As discussed in another thread it seems that this is still happening for checking accounts on weekends and holidays, but not on weekdays.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20315029/#Comment_20315029
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today is Saturday, 12/10. I tried reconciling my Chase checking account to the online balance but it was off and wouldn't reconcile. After some investigation it is due to Chase including pending transactions in the online balance. So you are correct when saying this still happens for checking accounts on weekends. I can only assume this is because EWC+ does not update transactions on weekends only on business days? My workaround was to reconcile using the paper statement. So this is still not fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can only assume this is because EWC+ does not update transactions on weekends only on business days? 
    It is my belief that this is "all Chase".  I have caught Chase with inconsistent balances in my investment accounts for short periods of time.  I'm not talking right on their website, not just what they download to Quicken.  So, I'm pretty sure this has to do with the fact that they don't keep the transactions and their balances that the send to Quicken in sync on weekends for checking accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just about to amend my post when I saw your comment. I think you're correct. Since Chase just operates Mon-Fri it makes sense they wouldn't provide updates until the next business day.  Same for holidays since they are closed. So perhaps EWC+ would work 7 days a week if Chase just provides the updates on weekends and holidays. I did an online bill pay today on the Chase website and it said it wouldn't be processed until Monday (i.e. the next business day).
  • freidaddy
    freidaddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Don't try to make this a Chase bank issue! With EWC+, you ( Quicken ) began using the authorized trans action amount rather the the final which eventually clears from my account balance. The definition of what should be reconciled hasn't changed, nor should it>
This discussion has been closed.