Release notes for R45.18 (Canada): new Real Time quotes under Edit/Preference/Investment

Options
gini2000
gini2000 Member
Has anyone been able to figure out how the new Real Time Quote option is selected. My screen does not show it after i upgraded to R45.18.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @gini2000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Upon reviewing your account, it appears that you currently have the Deluxe subscription. Please be advised that real-time quotes is a feature that is only available in the Premier and Home & Business subscriptions only.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @gini2000,

Upon reviewing your account, it appears that you currently have the Deluxe subscription. Please be advised that real-time quotes is a feature that is only available in the Premier and Home & Business subscriptions only.

-Quicken Anja

• gini2000
    gini2000 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    You’re welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @gini2000,

@Quicken Anja In the Home & Business Version (Canadian), in Preferences-->Investments-->Other Preferences, what is the difference between the check box for "Automatically update quotes every 15 minutes" and "Real time quotes". Those are two different settings. What does each do and/or how are they different from one another? Also, which exchanges are included in real time quotes? 

• Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Now I'm really confused.  I have Quicken Deluxe (canada).  I'm all paid up for the year until February 2023.  I normally have "Automatically update quotes" turned OFF.  But since the last update (Nov 22), it seems to be turned back on and I cannot find anywhere to turn it off.  I prefer to do it manually.  Am I simply getting real time quotes for free until I renew my subscription?  Then I'll have to upgrade to Home & Business version to get online quotes?  It is annoying when the software I am using suddenly changes characteristics even though I've not made a request for a change....
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quotes are usually delayed by 15-20mins…
    The new Premiere feature  for “real time quotes” will provide them with less of a delay. 
    Once a Quicken Subscription expires, any online access and downloading is terminated 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Diana where are you seeing "Automatically update quotes".  Are you seeing it here:

Supposedly this feature isn't supposed to be available to the Deluxe edition.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I do not have any options for quotes under the settings for Quicken Deluxe (Canada).  I have always  been able to get the delayed quotes and was intentionally only getting updates manually (sluggish internet).  Now, every time I open Quicken it is automatically updating the quotes and I cannot stop it.
    Here is what I see in the preferences:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I don't know why it would do that.  It doesn't seem to do that on my Quicken Windows Premier US version.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This issue is now being escalated to the development team. Hopefully a resolution isn't too far into the future.
This discussion has been closed.