account type was changed from savings to checking - how to change back ? [edit]

Options
My account type was changed from savings to checking, how do I change it back to savings?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dakramer2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file that was saved prior to this issue occurring to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming your issue is with where the account appears in the Account Bar, you should be able to fix this as follows:
    1. Click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Edit account details
    2. Select the Display options tab
    3. Under Account intent, select Savings. 
    4. Click OK. This will move the account to the bottom of the Savings section of the Account Bar.
    5. If you want to move the account to a different position in the Savings section, right click on it and select Rearrange accounts. You can drag and drop accounts to different positions within their section. Click on Done when you are finished.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.