Capital Gains Estimator: Detailed Calculations Doesn't Seem Work as expected

AMP
AMP Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I'm working with Quicken Premier Win R45.21 in the Capital Gains Estimator.
I've proposed sale of specific lots in step 1 and 2. The gain/loss is displayed in the section entitled, "Total Gross Proceeds from Proposed Sales". But I don't quite understand the next section: Detailed calculations. I expect this section would show "Capital Gains Tax Before Proposed Sales" for all transactions year to date. But this section is blank.
I must be missing something very basic.
Help please.
Andy
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    AMP said:
    I've proposed sale of specific lots in step 1 and 2. The gain/loss is displayed in the section entitled, "Total Gross Proceeds from Proposed Sales". But I don't quite understand the next section: Detailed calculations. I expect this section would show "Capital Gains Tax Before Proposed Sales" for all transactions year to date. But this section is blank.
    Help please.
    Andy
    Hello @AMP,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the screen in the Capital Gains Estimator. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMP said:
    Help please.
    Andy
    I suggest visiting the Tax Planner module first.  Make sure it is set for the current information. 

Then go to the CG Estimator.  At that point, it should show your YTD info in the Before portion.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the CG Estimator only in Premier? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To access the Capital Gains Estimator in Premier, go to View > Classic menus then on the Planning menu (not the tab) select Capital Gains Estimator. I don't think there is any way to access it from the Standard menus or the tabs.

Is that option not available in Deluxe?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can also find the Capital Gains Estimator by going to the Investing tab and selecting Tools.
    As I remember it from years ago, the Deluxe edition did have it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said: You can also find the Capital Gains Estimator by going to the Investing tab and selecting Tools.
    Yup -- Invest tab --> Tools (pulldown menu on the top right) - done - new play time - Deluxe R44.28
    TNX ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.