Incorrect Green Line in Registers (Q Mac)

HLB
HLB Member ✭✭
None of my registers accurately place the green line designating today's date in the correct position. For example today's date is 12/24/2022 but the green line is just above the last transaction on the 21st even though there a multiple posted transactions on the 22nd and 23rd. The problem appears to have occurred after updating to v.6.11.1.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Check the year on the transactions. (You have to double click the transaction to see the full year since the static display only shows two digits.) I've seen this happen sometimes when somehow the century is wrong somehow (eg. 1922 instead of 2022). Hard to notice that since you are only usually only seeing the last two digits of the year.

If that's not it, then check your Mac's date format settings in Language & Region > Advanced in System Prefs. Is it set to the default US settings?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also please check that your register is correctly sorted by Date in ascending or descending order.
  • HLB
    HLB Member ✭✭
    The register is properly sorted by date. I’ve been a user for a very long time and I’ve tried several ways to fix it. It’s such an odd thing and it occurred just after the latest update that I believe it’s a bug in the update. Open to suggestions. Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• HLB
    HLB Member ✭✭
    Thanks. The transactions were downloaded and the dates are correct. The computer’s date/time settings are correct and properly reflected in the upper right on the monitor.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As suggested above, seeing a screenshot, including column headings and with any sensitive data blocked out, might help in figuring out what's going on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HLB
    HLB Member ✭✭
    Fixed itself after quitting and relaunching Quicken. Sorry for bothering everyone and thanks for the support!
  • HLB
    HLB Member ✭✭
    Oh yes, Merry Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.