Quicken loan payment entry problem

Options

Comments

• Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    > Hi All, Please upgrade to the new mondo patch if you have not already to see if this resolves the issue and please let me know if this does not. Thank you.
    >
    > -Quicken Janean

@Quicken Janean - Why is Quicken releasing a version 47.7 with new features, when most people have not even upgraded to the 46.xx version because of the program breaking bugs in it. This isn't even the worst one.

The one that deletes all split transactions over 10 entries from ALL past entries is so much worse of a program breaking bug. I'm tracking both of these issues and will not upgrade until they are resolved.

Also is there ANYWAY to tell the developers to STOP trying to auto upgrade the product when you launch the product? That is terrible design for your users. If you want to Pop up a window in the program after it's launched saying there is a new version, and these are the changes, would you like to install. That is fine, but automatically updating the product on launch, is never something you should do unless the user specifically allows it.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Gilley7997 said:
    > > @Quicken Janean said:
    > > Hi All, Please upgrade to the new mondo patch if you have not already to see if this resolves the issue and please let me know if this does not. Thank you.
    > >
    > > -Quicken Janean
    >
    > @Quicken Janean - Why is Quicken releasing a version 47.7 with new features, when most people have not even upgraded to the 46.xx version because of the program breaking bugs in it. This isn't even the worst one.
    >
    > The one that deletes all split transactions over 10 entries from ALL past entries is so much worse of a program breaking bug. I'm tracking both of these issues and will not upgrade until they are resolved.
    >
    > Also is there ANYWAY to tell the developers to STOP trying to auto upgrade the product when you launch the product? That is terrible design for your users. If you want to Pop up a window in the program after it's launched saying there is a new version, and these are the changes, would you like to install. That is fine, but automatically updating the product on launch, is never something you should do unless the user specifically allows it.

Agreed
  • Sierra117
    Sierra117 Member ✭✭
    Options
    R47.7 did NOT solve the problem. I downgraded to R45.21 and the problem is now gone. I tested all three releases from January and all of them have the same bug. R45.21 is the latest working release.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • Camlin
    Camlin Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @dkwii said:
    > I just noticed a new issue. With the newest version (46.12) when I entered a payment on a loan (both an auto loan and home loan, not online enabled), Quicken didn't break it out into principal, interest etc. I just got an entry for the full amount in the loan payment details.
    > I've been using Quicken for about 25 years, and I'm familiar with the way it handles loan payment transactions.
    > I first created a new file and set up my loans and checking account there, and got the same problem.
    > Then I reverted to version 45.21 and the problem disappeared.
    > Is this a known issue with the current version?
  • Camlin
    Camlin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem since the new and "improved" update and i need to manually update the transaction. But that typical of Quicken when they do new updates, they screw up something else. It's better not to do the updates. "If it isn't broke don't fix it".
    When is Quicken going to fix this?
  • Heather 1020
    Options
    I am having the same issues since the 46.12 upgrade.
  • Camlin
    Camlin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I just wonder how long it will take for Quicken to fix it. Maybe they should roll back the recent update to the prior one which worked fine.
  • BrewDog
    BrewDog Member ✭✭
    Options
    I updated using the "manual mondo patch" from the Quicken website. The problem is still here. I have lost a lot of time trying to figure this out. Sorry to hear that there are a number of other people with the same problem
  • Pat Buskey
    Options
    I am experiencing the same issue. The loan payment has the correct split values. However when adding payment to register the split values are going in as $0 and the total amount is listed as uncategorized at the end of the split list.
  • DaveB-1994
    DaveB-1994 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Piling on - discovered the same problem as multiple loan transactions entering today.
    Have rescheduled payments and get a crash (quicken window turns black).
    Have validated file, no change.
    Have created manual payments, but that doesn't follow the amortization schedule.
    R47.7 Build 27.1.47.7

Didn't like being forced to move to subscription... when things like this happen I like it even less.
  • Camlin
    Camlin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agreed, unfortunately this is no alternative to Quicken unless I'm not aware of one.
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another longtime and now unhappy Quicken customer having this loan split issue. I have four loans going and the split allocation between principle and interest show zero on each line with an unspecified category of the loan payment added at the bottom. Some people have suggesting retreating to an old version. How do you do that? I'm getting tired manually entering the split amounts from the Payment Details of each loan.
  • Katrina52
    Katrina52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. It's for all the loans I've got setup in Quicken to automatically calculate the principal and interest from the loan setup information, including, when applicable, an Escrow category (usually a holding account from the mortgage company to accumulate money for taxes and insurance on a home). By the way, I also have 2 Notes Receivable accounts I've setup in Quicken. One is from 2006 and has been tracked this way in Quicken ever since I installed it 10 years ago or longer and the newest one is an interest only payment for land I sold in December 2022. They do the same thing as the mortgage loan account I have in Quicken. They look fine in the setup of the recurring entry in my bank account, but when I actually post the payment (or deposit) all the categories are show with $0 and the total payment amount in the line just below them with the entire loan payment amount and no category. This screwed up prior Notes Receivable entries I had as well, zeroing out all the categories and posting the total I received below the categories I had setup for the loan with no category entry. I had to go back and edit every prior entry! Thank goodness I keep track on a spreadsheet as well.
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The missing splits is also occuring in my paycheck entry (it has 14 split items).  Read somewhere else that this issue affects any entry with more than 10 split lines.  I downgraded to R44.28 and the split lines are still there for future entries, so yes, this is for the recent "upgrades".  
  • Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting. I don’t have the issue with my paycheck in the same way. I did have the issue that the transfer account was missing (eg 401k account) but the split lines were still there with the right amount, I just had to add the account. 
  • Mnlc90
    Mnlc90 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looks like R47.11 Build 27.1.47.11 is working now.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There are several other chats on this. I had same issue and turned on the auto entry vs the reminder entry and that seemed to work. I see this am, there is a new upgrade that apparently resolves this issue. Haven’t tried it yet, as I already resolved with the auto entry so I have a month. Good luck.
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I updated to version 47.11 this morning. It says it fixed the loan split issue and I verified with one loan that it did.
  • beasleys
    beasleys Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I installed the latest, and the weird stuff seems to abated.
    Do I now have to manually fix the mess made in my loans (payments in loan registers going back to June 22 are all incorrect) ?????
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn Member ✭✭
    Options
    beasleys, you may have something else going on. I only experienced issues with loan payments entered after I installed the version that broke it (sometime in January 2023). It did not break any of my prior entries.

My guess is that we will need to manually fix any entries that were entered incorrectly. I personally would hate it if Quicken messed with my prior entries that I may have already verified. I don't know if they have any way of telling if an entry was made by their incorrect allocation.
  • mbrown0812
    mbrown0812 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me add my two cents as well. Just noticed it today when I went to post my mortgage payment. Was fine last month, today I went to make the payment and all the splits were still there but they had a zero amount. Even stranger was that the total payment still showed correctly. Quicken actually sent me an email asking for feedback on what can be improved! Like, if you really need to ask that question then you truly are clueless.
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me add my two cents as well. Just noticed it today when I went to post my mortgage payment. Was fine last month, today I went to make the payment and all the splits were still there but they had a zero amount. Even stranger was that the total payment still showed correctly. Quicken actually sent me an email asking for feedback on what can be improved! Like, if you really need to ask that question then you truly are clueless.

yes -- they broke the splits for loan / mortgage payment reminders and also apparently any reminder with over 10 split lines.  my paycheck reminder had the first 9 1/2 lines same and then just a large number on 10th line.    Did not affect the previous entries, apparently only in the reminder section.  
  • beasleys
    beasleys Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mbrown0812 said:
    > Let me add my two cents as well. Just noticed it today when I went to post my mortgage payment. Was fine last month, today I went to make the payment and all the splits were still there but they had a zero amount. Even stranger was that the total payment still showed correctly. Quicken actually sent me an email asking for feedback on what can be improved! Like, if you really need to ask that question then you truly are clueless.

Have you tried upgrading to 47.11, and did it fix your issue?
  • mbrown0812
    mbrown0812 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @beasleys said:
    >
    > Have you tried upgrading to 47.11, and did it fix your issue?

I just got the notification today and I'm not about to update that soon after release. Seen too many updates come out only be yanked by Quicken a day or two later. I'll wait a week or so and if it's still available, I'll update.
  • Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    just upgraded to R47.11 and it also fixes the issue for me! 

now I just need to figure out how to unsubscribe from mail notifications.  Probably I need to un-bookmark.
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone have the patch notes from the latest version? Just curious if they have fixed everything, like the more than 10 splits data corruption and other things like that.
  • mec6
    mec6 Member
    Options
    I still have the issue with R47.11. January was fine. Feb and beyond are zero splits still.
  • yunae
    yunae Member
    Options
    I am having similar problem but mine is not able to post my mortgage payment to reflect the loan balance. Please advise how I can post my mortgage payment to the loan. Thank you,
  • wolschon1
    wolschon1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've lost 2 years of split transactions from my Chase checking account. This includes loans and paychecks. The update didn't even try to flatten the individual entries but randomly grabbed individual ones so the account is an absolute mess. Seems to have happened in Jan 2023 but I cannot say which version I was using. I don't think this will be recoverable even with a patch since it destroyed the underlying pointers internal to the proprietary database. Any suggestions w/o manually reentering?
  • Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭
    Options
    wolschon1 - Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm no expert, but here's what I would do... Apply the R45.21 update from December located at https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has because my personal experience is that this was the last version that didn't have problems. Then locate your Quicken\BACKUP directory and start systematically making copies of those to open in Quicken, trying to find a file as close to the current date as possible where your Chase checking account transactions are no longer problematic. I've had success doing this myself in the past for a similar situation and I hope it works for you.
This discussion has been closed.