Quicken loan payment entry problem

Comments

• Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > This is getting weird. 
    > I just took a look at my Memorized Payee List ... and ALL of the split transactions are haywire. They've all lost at least the 1st category of the split and sometimes more category fields than just the 1st.

For me other splits (e.g., paycheck, cash withdrawals) are still working fine - it's just the loan reminders/payments that are having the issue.
  • apollo_ute
    apollo_ute Member ✭✭
    Signed in to report I'm also seeing this. I don't link to any online accounts and have manuallyconfigured loans for...17 years. This problem started sometime in January. It doesn't matter whether I update the new amounts for escrow or restore an old Quicken file and hit 'Enter' for the prior payment - all amounts are zero and it doesn't decrement the loan value or itemize the interest, insurance, etc.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    ok I'm not updating! Sticking with r44.28, I have become pretty nervous about allowing updates. thanks to all who report these problems...
  • I am also having this problem. Like others, my transactions worked fine in December and now they are not. I am using Home, Business & Rental Property Windows 11 Home Version R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12. I reported the problem using the Help menu on 1/21/23 after reading this thread (thank you all for participating).

Did anyone who reverted back to the previous Quicken version experience or notice any quirks, problems, data loss, etc? Also, was it difficult or time consuming?
  • SteveZ
    SteveZ Member ✭✭
    Looks like I'm having the same or very similar issue. Loan payment splits are correct if I "EDIT" the reminder from the calendar, with one split for interest and one as a transfer to the loan account. However, if I click "ENTER" and then view the splits before clicking the "Enter Transaction" button, then all the original 2 splits are zero and there is a new split for the entire amount with no category, and that's the way it actually gets recorded to the register.
  • apollo_ute
    apollo_ute Member ✭✭
    Does anyone know how to revert to an older version? I'm using the following release:

R46.12
    Build 27.1.46.12
    Windows 11 Home

I don't see a way to revert to a prior version under any of the Help menus but would like to try that if possible. It seems strange Quicken wouldn't immediately rollback and then fix what they broke in a later release.
  • I haven't tried reverting and don't know how much work would be involved (re-entering transactions, re-verifying, etc.) I encouraged anyone who found this thread to follow the previous advice of Tom Young above and report this problem under Quicken Help. The more notifications Quicken (Intuit) gets then perhaps the more attentive they will be to a corrective action.
  • tgregorymd
    tgregorymd Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hey all. FYI I was able to temporarily work around this issue by following this process:

1. Right click on the loan reminder and select "Edit this and all future instances".
    2. Click the "Edit" hyperlink next to the full amount.
    3. Write down the amounts shown there for all of your split lines - this is showing the "correct" split for the next loan entry.
    4. Cancel out of the split edit and entry edit windows.
    5. Right click on the same loan reminder and select "Enter into register"
    6. Hit the split button to edit the split for the entry and fill in the correct splits that you wrote down for each line. The uncategorized spit should go to zero disappear when complete.
    7. Accept the edit and enter the transaction.

This process worked perfectly for all of my upcoming loan reminders. This is annoying to say the least but with this workaround it's probaly not worth the risk and effort to revert to a previous version of Quicken. Hopefully they will have the issue fixed in a new build before we need to post the transactions next month.

Hope this helps.

Tom
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to revert to an older version? I'm using the following release:

R46.12
    Build 27.1.46.12
    Windows 11 Home

I don't see a way to revert to a prior version under any of the Help menus but would like to try that if possible. It seems strange Quicken wouldn't immediately rollback and then fix what they broke in a later release.
    See this comment for details on reverting to a prior Quicken program version. 

Note you can use your current Quicken data file with the older program version. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• apollo_ute
    apollo_ute Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that pointer, mshiggins. That worked and I'm able to use my latest data file and make loan entries as expected. This will work well in the meantime while Quicken fixes what they broke.
  • Mnlc90
    Mnlc90 Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you for the work around.
  • DWSeekins
    DWSeekins Member ✭✭
    46.12 clearly has a flaw. I too have used Quicken for 30 years and know how it works. It does not matter how you try to make an entry for an upcoming payment, it does not do the allocation correctly for principal and interest but just enters an uncategorized full amount. This is new for the update and clearly an error. Reported using help but Intuit has been slower and slower to address its own errors lately.
  • mshiggins

The loan payment split problem only occurs for Reminders Entered manually:

Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem.

• Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    So... it's been over a week.  Has anyone seen anything from Quicken? I haven't seen anything in response to the ticket I raised through the app; and in fact i can't figure out how to see the ticket anywhere.  All i've gotten from Quicken is a reminder that my annual fee will be billed soon.

Truthfully, accurate split tracking is the main benefit of Quicken to me compare to other tools, so this is pretty irritating.
  • apollo_ute
    apollo_ute Member ✭✭
    I was prompted for a new update this morning and opted to wait as I didn't have time to beta test another version. Hopefully all is now well with the latest but it will be a few days before I can test it out.

Also, a bit of trivia...Intuit sold the Quicken product line to a private equity company back in 2016. Today I learned that this product has been sold again a couple of years back.
  • abartonkc
    abartonkc Member ✭✭
    The latest version of Quicken for Windows is R46.12, which is the version that contains at least two major bugs:

* Loan principle and interest not calculating correctly for mortgage payments.
    * Scheduled auto-entry payments not entering automatically and cannot be entered without changing the scheduled payment to not be auto-entry.

There may be other issues but I rolled back to R45.13 before encountering them.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn Member ✭✭
    I can verify that a newer version to R46.12 is available but does not fix this issue. I went to Help -> Check for updates and Version R47.7 was available. However this problem wasn't mentioned in what was fixed. I installed it anyway and can verify that when you go to enter a loan payment the allocation is still messed up.

And thank you mshiggins, I changed one of my upcoming loan payments to auto entry and it did the allocation correctly.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi All, This issue is still being looked into. I will update you when I'm provided more details. Thank you for your patience and I am sorry for the trouble caused.

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mnlc90
    Mnlc90 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Janean. Hopefully sooner than later. I would like to restore my confidence in this program.
  • michaelmye
    michaelmye Unconfirmed
    I'm having the same issues as others with my payment reminders after the 46.12 upgrade; I also have the same issue with the 'Enter Loan Payment' option, all split lines became blank and the total just at the bottom blank line. This definitely is a bug just introduced in the latest release R46.12, Build: 27.1.46.12
  • mshiggins

The loan payment split problem only occurs for Reminders Entered manually:

Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem.

• towchain
    towchain Member
    Same issue on 46.12. The splits are there when editing the scheduled loan payment but they are all zeros when trying to enter a transaction.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Just noticed today. Obviously a bug since the most recent update with so many having the same issue. Been using Quicken since forever and it's never done this before.
  • gtrieder
    gtrieder Member
    I too am having the same issue. I was on the phone with Support and they could not figure it out and suggested that I report the issue vie the support tool. I find it rather irritating that I pay a yearly subscription and the software does not work properly.
  • gatorphin
    gatorphin Member
    I've been having the same issue since early January. Reported it to Quicken after the 1st. No response. Had to manually enter.
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    As a workaround until it gets fixed, you can set your reminders to auto enter the payments. As mshiggins pointed out, if you have Quicken auto enter the payments, it does it correctly (at least it did for the two I tested). If you want to maintain control of when Quicken enters the transactions - you can switch it to autopay when you want to enter the payment and then switch it back to a reminder after it does it.

If you already have the payment set up as a reminder, you just need to edit it. Where it has Remind me X days in advance, click on "(change)" and toggle the switch to "Automatically enter the transaction in the register X days before the due date". It looks like if you are within the X days before the due date (when you make the change to auto enter), you have to exit Quicken and open back up for the entry to be made.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Thank you
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi All, Please upgrade to the new mondo patch if you have not already to see if this resolves the issue and please let me know if this does not. Thank you.

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Aeowyn
    Aeowyn Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what a "mondo" patch is - but I've already updated from R46.12 to R47.7 and it it did not fix the issue. If I check for new updates, Quicken says I have the latest version (R47.7)
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    Also just updated to latest version and it did not fix the problem
This discussion has been closed.