Unknown Error Message When Attempt to check for program update

Options
tbf47
tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
Have received an unknown error message.  I closed the program and rebooted still got it.    I had posted a few days ago about very long delays in program launch and most Quicken functions.  Have been getting messages to either wait on the program or close the program.   I have Quicken Premier.  Version R47.7  Build 21.1.47.7.    My machine is 2 years old.  8GB RAM .  SSD.    I have been avid Quicken user starting with Quicken version 2 for DOS.  So,  I am a seasoned user.    When all of this first started I deleted and reinstalled the program.  I believe it is getting worse.  It takes about 50 seconds for the program to launch.  

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @tbf47,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@QuickenJasmine this is it
    thanks

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @tbf47,

Thank you for providing that screenshot. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling it.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine,  Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken following the guidelines.  The program still takes 50 sec to launch.  I installed Quicken on my wife's computer(which has 1/2 the ram and is a few years older than my machine.  It ran great.  Any suggestions for me check on this machine?

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tbf47 said:
    @Quicken Jasmine,  Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken following the guidelines.  The program still takes 50 sec to launch.  I installed Quicken on my wife's computer(which has 1/2 the ram and is a few years older than my machine.  It ran great.  Any suggestions for me check on this machine?
    Hello @tbf47,    

We are sorry about this issue remaining after uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Thank you for getting back to us about this. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
      • Preferences...
      • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
      • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
      • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
      • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared,   Just tried this. There in no improvement.  Thank you

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tbf47 said:
    @Quicken Jared,   Just tried this. There in no improvement.  Thank you
    Hello @tbf47,    

Are you able to access Quicken at all? Can you successfully launch the program without this message appearing? If so, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    We look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.