Crashing When Using Bill & Income
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: As with other users, trying to access Bills and Income for Quicken for mac crashes.
I moved my QDF file from my OneDrive cloud to my hard drive, and then validated the file. Various operations using the newly validated file work fine. Until I click on the Bills & Income tab ... then the program crashes. Every time.1
Since Bills & Income isn't accessible (100% of the time it crashes), I paid my bills using the various billers' apps and websites. Truthfully, it didn't take much more time than using Quicken Quickpay and Checkpay. And I have better peace of mind, since about 1 out of 10 Quickpay payments ends up "failing" as the payment date nears. The Quicken Quickpay and Checkpay feature is a great idea that has never lived up to its promise, what with unreliable connections to billers and frequent failures to update bills. I'm considering ditching its use altogether since the feature has gotten less reliable over time while billers' apps and websites have gotten better and more user friendly.1
My program crashes every time I select the Bills & Income tab. I have a lot of bill due dates in there that I cannot see.0
I hope they can fix the Bills & Income crash issue very soon. Otherwise, I have no more use for Quicken when there are other options to view my accounts.0
David of UA said:My program crashes every time I select the Bills & Income tab. I have a lot of bill due dates in there that I cannot see.Assuming that
there are other views available in Quicken to help you
- you have followed all the typical instructions to uninstall and reinstall Quicken and to validate and supervalidate your data file,
- your data file is located on an internal hard drive or SSD
- it is NOT being accessed by MS OneDrive (or any other cloud backup software) while Quicken is running
- and that you have already discussed this issue with Quicken Support on the phone ...
- Manage Bill and Income Reminders (in the Tools Menu)
- view Bill and Income Reminders from the tab at the bottom of your registers
- view reminders as if they were real register transactions already
- use and/or modify a Classic view on the Home tab to view Bill and Income Reminders
I can update online billers (at least the ones that are still compatible with QUICKEN). Then if I attempt to scroll down the list, it crashes 100% of the time. The bill pay functions get worse all the time. I have no confidence in that portion of QUICKEN
If you haven't done so already, be sure to submit at least one crash report and then call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
- To contact Quicken Support,
please use this link only:
https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
- Support is only available during posted hours of operation
- The phone number can be found at the support website.
- To start Chat or see the
support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
- Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
- Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
- To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only: