Crashing When Using Bill & Income

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: As with other users, trying to access Bills and Income for Quicken for mac crashes.

Comments

• RNALowe
    RNALowe Member ✭✭
    Options
    I moved my QDF file from my OneDrive cloud to my hard drive, and then validated the file. Various operations using the newly validated file work fine. Until I click on the Bills & Income tab ... then the program crashes. Every time.
  • RNALowe
    RNALowe Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since Bills & Income isn't accessible (100% of the time it crashes), I paid my bills using the various billers' apps and websites. Truthfully, it didn't take much more time than using Quicken Quickpay and Checkpay. And I have better peace of mind, since about 1 out of 10 Quickpay payments ends up "failing" as the payment date nears. The Quicken Quickpay and Checkpay feature is a great idea that has never lived up to its promise, what with unreliable connections to billers and frequent failures to update bills. I'm considering ditching its use altogether since the feature has gotten less reliable over time while billers' apps and websites have gotten better and more user friendly.
  • David of UA
    Options
    My program crashes every time I select the Bills & Income tab. I have a lot of bill due dates in there that I cannot see.
  • David of UA
    Options
    I hope they can fix the Bills & Income crash issue very soon. Otherwise, I have no more use for Quicken when there are other options to view my accounts.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My program crashes every time I select the Bills & Income tab. I have a lot of bill due dates in there that I cannot see.
    Assuming that
    • you have followed all the typical instructions to uninstall and reinstall Quicken and to validate and supervalidate your data file,
    • your data file is located on an internal hard drive or SSD
    • it is NOT being accessed by MS OneDrive (or any other cloud backup software) while Quicken is running
    • and that you have already discussed this issue with Quicken Support on the phone ...
    there are other views available in Quicken to help you
    • Manage Bill and Income Reminders (in the Tools Menu)
    • view Bill and Income Reminders from the tab at the bottom of your registers
    • view reminders as if they were real register transactions already
    • use and/or modify a Classic view on the Home tab to view Bill and Income Reminders
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can update online billers (at least the ones that are still compatible with QUICKEN). Then if I attempt to scroll down the list, it crashes 100% of the time. The bill pay functions get worse all the time. I have no confidence in that portion of QUICKEN
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, be sure to submit at least one crash report and then call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.