Disappearing memo text

Options
13»

Answers

• tachy
    tachy Member ✭✭
    Options

If you have this memo text bug, please call Quicken support if you have not already done so. Perhaps if more people call, they might actually fix this bug. I have called several times and each time they act like nobody else has this problem.

• auga
    auga Member ✭✭
    Options

I cut and paste this posting to Quicken via their new "feedback" button in the Windows version of the software.

• lietz
    lietz Member
    Options

I've had this problem for MONTHS as well with my Windows 10 Home. I'm currently at the latest versio with R50.16 Build 27.1.50.12.

I started just tabbing over memo to the category, tab back to memo to type it in, then tab to category. I consider it a workaround, at best. Quite annoying when I forget and wrote something longer. After reading the suggestion to reorder Category and Memo, I did that. The disappearing memo issue does go away … but now it's annoying more that it's not natural to me and that Quicken has forced me to do this.

If you didn't see the post on how to reorder them, for me, that was Edit → Preferences → Register (left side) → UNcheck the "Show memo before category".

• Lavendy
    Lavendy Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have this problem but I've always had category first and memo 2nd. It still disappears after I type in a memo. I try to just type one letter or word, hit tab or enter, then go back and enter the whole thing, then save. It's a pain for sure

• jdonalds
    jdonalds Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. Very annoying. I've had this issue for many months. Version 50.16

• quickmatt
    quickmatt Member
    Options

Same problem here. I am using Build R50.16. I THOUGHT I had a workaround, which was to NOT tab, but instead, use the mouse to click on the category after entering the member. This seemed to usually work, … until it didn't. VERY frustrating. For me the problem is intermittent (but happens about 75% of the time). Seems sort of random when it will, and will not work.

• JPark
    JPark Member
    Options

This problem has been going on for months. I've reported several times to no avail. I've found no work around. Why is Quicken taking so long to fix this? I simply record/save the transaction without filling in the memo field and then go back and fill in memo field. It stays put when I save it a second time.

• auga
    auga Member ✭✭
    Options

I've noticed that this problem only occurs for downloaded transactions from one of my credit card accounts.

It happens on my Amazon-Chase credit card. Also, these downloaded transactions appear to have 'blank' memo fields after being downloaded (and before I attempt to enter data into the memo field). As already reported, when I attempt to add text to the memo field, the text appears while being typed, but then disappears after moving away from the memo field.

With another of my credit cards, the problem doesn't occur. On my American Express card, the downloaded transactions include some text in the memo field (normally a credit card code/reference to the transaction #). When I enter data into the memo field for these transactions the problem doesn't occur. (i.e., over-writing the downloaded text, or adding to the text is entered/saved correctly. )

• OKC
    OKC Member
    Options

Same problem for me - when I type in a memo and then click tab, the memo disappears.

• Tigressa7
    Tigressa7 Member ✭✭
    Options

Everyone feel free to report this under Quicken Ticket ID 10158877. I spent hours on the phone with them many months ago. When I contact them to get an update on the ticket they just tell me it's not resolved yet. Perhaps if we all complain with a ticket number it will help.

• jerryrs
    jerryrs Member ✭✭
    Options

It really is disgraceful and embarassing that this issue has been going on this long. It really should not be that hard to fix. Also I see these discussions keep getting closed but no updates on when a fix will be rolled out

• Radler
    Radler Member ✭✭
    Options

Three weeks on from last post, disappearing memo remains an issue for me. I followed suggestion by Tigressa7 on July 18 to report under Ticket ID 10158877.

• aalexorr
    aalexorr Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have the same problem — so frustrating. Quicken Premier subscription. Just saw the comment about changing the field order in the transaction table. If that works, I am good with this workaround for now.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@aalexorr et al,

have you tried the suggested solution by @lietz yet?
    If it works (or not), please comment back.

• davsamsc
    davsamsc Member
    Options

I am having this problem I am on the most recent version R51.12

• sstahl
    sstahl Member
    Options

I have this same problem. I'm on R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12

• sbobo
    sbobo Unconfirmed, Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

apparent memo disappears if the downloaded transaction is not saved first before adding memo. didn't realize this until much later when most of my transactions are missing memo

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @sbobo,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken programand submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Thank you.

(CTP-6412)

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sbobo
    sbobo Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

R51.12 still has this problem

• vwboyj
    vwboyj Member
    Options

I have the same porblem Quicken for Windows R51.12 build 27.1.51.12.

• Sherrie Buckridge
    Options

I, too have this problem. I do not use the tab, I am just clicking on the memo column. It doesn't matter if I put it to the right or to the left.

Can you please fix this please!!!??

• tachy
    tachy Member ✭✭
    Options

Just an update…….as of the Quicken update today…….THEY APPEAR TO HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM. The latest quicken update mentions the fix in the list of items fixed……and at least with the one entry I tried…..it appears to be fixed. So credit where credit is due….thank you Quicken for finally fixing the issue. It took over 9 months and I called at least 3 times to report it (7-9 months ago)…….but at least they found the issue and fixed it. Thank you.

• auga
    auga Member ✭✭
    Options

FIXED!

I can confirm that following the below update this problem is no longer occurring for me!

This discussion has been closed.