Wells Fargo Advisors Account added but no details or blaance
H-Squared Member ✭
edited March 17 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
I am a new Quicken user after 20+ years with other programs. I am setting up all my accounts and have made sure I have the most update to date Quicken version. Credit cards, banking account, etc. are all loaded and working. My Wells Fargo Advisors account is another issue. I have been able to get Quicken to log into my Wells Fargo account and it sees my account to "download," but all that comes through is the account. None of the funds, cash or balance are loading. I must be missing something, but can't figure out what. Any help is appreciated.
Quicken Anja Moderator modHello @H-Squared,
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine if this is caused by an issue within your current data file or the financial institution's server.
Follow the steps below to create a test file:
- Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
- Select New Quicken File.
- Click OK.
- In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
- Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt.
- Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
- Click Add Account to try only adding the same Wells Fargo Advisors account.
After adding the account, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file.
Follow the steps below to switch files:
- Click the File menu.
- Look near the bottom of the options list.
- Select the data file you want to open.
Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Anja0
@H-Squared - When you are trying to set up you WF Advisors account are you trying to connect with Wells Fargo or with Wells Fargo Advisors?Or have you already set up your WF Advisors account for downloads but it is not downloading transactions and account data? You can confirm this by going to Tools > Account List and looking for the account name. What does it say in the Transaction Download column? (If you do not see the Transaction Download column, click on the Options button toward the left on the bottom of Account List and check the box for Show transaction download status.)(QW Premier Subscription: R47.15 on Windows 11)0
This discussion has been closed.