One Step Update - Freezes

Options
Within the last couple weeks, one step update seems to freeze when attempting to use the function. After a period of time, my laptop will state Quicken is "Not Responding" so I need to use task manager to stop Quicken. Is this happening to others?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mark Repinski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

In order to best investigate and hopefully resolve this issue, there are a few troubleshooting routes we can attempt to take.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    One that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rcaudill
    rcaudill Member
    Options
    Like many others, I've taken these steps several times and still not resolve. Every time one step update runs with 3 out of 4 of my normally selected financial institutions, it runs for several minutes and ultimately makes Quicken crash.
  • Reffy
    Reffy Member
    Options
    Same for me 😕
  • jks7169
    jks7169 Member
    Options
    Same here, and I’ve tried every “fix” posted here and elsewhere many times, including these:
    * Deleted Quicken and all related files except backups; Reinstalled Quicken with fresh download.
    * Used older data file created before problems started.
    * Reset accounts.
    * Signed out of Quicken and signed back in.
    The company’s inability to address the problem, which is making the program useless to many users, is astonishing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding users experiencing freezing and slowness when initiating a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jks7169
    jks7169 Member
    Options
    Jasmine, thanks for the update. It appears that the alert was created back in December, meaning that at least two months have gone by during which Quicken has been useless to many paying users. It appears that the company doesn’t grasp the urgency of this matter.
  • Mark Repinski
    Mark Repinski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    As many others are, I am experiencing continued errors/delays when running cloud sync, despite trying "all the fixes." This is one of the features that brought me to Quicken years and years ago. I am beginning to think I need to look for another software solution since Quicken does not appear to be prioritizing this issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the
    Web browser-based app?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem
    be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync button and set it to OFF

• rcaudill
    rcaudill Member
    Options

Thank you for this reminder - that was the issue for me.

• Papa Bob
    Papa Bob Member
    Options

Thank you UKR. I disabled cloud sync per above, and my One Step Update is no longer locking up in a "not responding" state. This solution should be spread far and wide among Quicken users.

This discussion has been closed.