Quicken cloud temporarily unavailable (Q Mac)

Options
After I authorize American Express to link to my account I get the "Quicken Cloud Temporarily Unavailable" error message. I have logged out of the Quicken account and logged back in and it does not resolve the problem.

Comments

• Sara115
    Sara115 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also getting this error!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @alexmkaplan and @Sara115,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Since you have already attempted to sign out and then back in to your data file, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps (if applicable). Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file.

1. On your desktop program; navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn sync Off
    4. Close Preferences
    5. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    6. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    7. Preferences...
    8. Connected Services
    9. Click on See all cloud accounts… 
    10. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    11. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    12. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    13. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    14. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    15. Preferences...
    16. Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn sync back on

Once that's done, see if the issue still continues to persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I dont see any of these prompts on Quicken Deluxe for Mac Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100) so I can't follow the steps.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @alexmkaplan,

Thanks for reaching back out.

I assure you these instructions are up-to-date with the latest Quicken for Mac release and have tested it once more to double-check. Could you please specify exactly which prompt you are having trouble finding?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I dont see preferences on the quicken drop down menu. Maybe I am looking for it in the wrong place.
  • alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    this is the version I am using
  • OliverRS
    OliverRS Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Have the same problem, did as described - and continued to have the same problem. Have the same problem with a Chase credit card

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

I hadn't noticed this previously, but Quicken has recently switched from “Preferences” to “Settings”, to follow Apple's change from “System Preferences” to “System Settings” in the current operating system.

I hadn't noticed because I always use Command-comma for Preferencers, er, Settings, which is the keyboard command in almost every Mac program.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I receive this error every time I relink an account. My Quicken Sync is turned off as I do not want my accounts stored on the web, only locally.

• alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Your instructions worked fine in resolving the Quicken Cloud unavailable notification for everything but American Express. I continue to have the same problem with American Express that I have had for sometime. I have to authentic everytime I update, and I get the Cloud unavailable notification after the update is complete.
This discussion has been closed.