How do I download Quicken for Mac using my Quicken for Windows subscription?

Options
SAdair
SAdair Member ✭✭
I run Quicken Deluxe in a virtual Windows system on my Mac via VMWare Fusion. I'd like to try Quicken for Mac in the macOS. If I like it, I can dump VMWare since the only program I run in Windows is Quicken. I've read that subscribers to Quicken for Windows can download the Mac version without cost under their current subscription. How do I do this?

Best Answer

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SAdair said:
    Thanks! When I run the Quicken.dmg can I specify which version of Quicken for Mac I want to install (Quicken for Mac Premier - I want to use bill pay)?
    If your current subscription is for the Premier level you have access to both QWin and QMac Premier.
    If your currently at the Deluxe level, then you would need to upgrade to the Premier level.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @SAdair,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, you can download and install both Windows and Mac with your subscription. You can download Quicken for Mac through this link here. Choose the last option I'm installing or reinstalling Quicken and click Download for Mac.

If you also intend to convert your Windows file over to Mac, you can find instructions on how to do so through this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To expand a bit - you can run both versions side-by-side on your Mac.
    This would be a good practice while you work up the learning curve on QMac.
    This does, of course, increase your work load - updating both versions.

I  have continued to run both QWin andQMac since QMac2015 Beta - it is one of my hobbies :)
    Quicken user since 1991

• SAdair
    SAdair Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks! When I run the Quicken.dmg can I specify which version of Quicken for Mac I want to install (Quicken for Mac Premier - I want to use bill pay)?
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SAdair said:
    If your current subscription is for the Premier level you have access to both QWin and QMac Premier.
    If your currently at the Deluxe level, then you would need to upgrade to the Premier level.
    Quicken user since 1991

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Options
    There is only one software application for the Mac: Quicken.app; there are not separate applications for Starter, Deluxe and Premier.  It's your subscription level when you log in with your Quicken ID which determines which features in the program are enabled or not.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.