Quicken is not downloading vendor information (Q Mac)

Options
jjocarbone
jjocarbone Member ✭✭
Quicken is not downloading vendor information from my bank account so I can recognize the vendor name in the Payee column. It used to do this before a recent upgrade. Is there a setting that I can change?

Please see screen print.
Thank you

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jjocarbone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method with said financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. When did this issue begin to occur?

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jjocarbone Click on that transaction in your register and select View > Show Inspector. Look near the bottom for the line for “Statement Payee”. If it shows the same debit card information as you're seeing in your Quicken register, then that means it's what your bank is transmitting to Quicken. “Statement Payee” is the unedited version of what the financial institution sends. So if that's the case, you'll want to pursue this with your bank, because it seems to be a change made on their end.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jjocarbone
    jjocarbone Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jasmine and Jacobs. I believe this is an issue with my bank as all of my other downloads regarding credit card information and investments statement payee are ok. The inspection also shows what the financial information sends. It started to happen fairly recently.
This discussion has been closed.