Recorded transactions not showing up in calendar

Options
tnw5151
tnw5151 Member
A few months ago, our recorded transactions stopped showing up in the calendar. At that time, we tried restoring to a previous file backup a couple of times and it did not work. I have seen multiple posts from people with this same exact problem--some even from almost 2 years ago. I have not seen resolution from any of the prior posts.

We have also confirmed many times the recorded transactions are visible, as well as the one and only account we want to show in the calendar. I checked another special account to see if it would work and those transactions showed up immediately. Our main account will not work.

We are missing using the calendar feature to help with our financial planning and tracking, so out of frustration we went to the extent of uninstalling and reinstalling the software this evening. Reinstalling did not help either...still no past transactions showing up in the calendar.

We have been using Quicken for over 16 years and I saw a stat that shows we have over 30k transactions. Could that be an issue?

Please help.

May I please get help?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

More details, please.

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

Can you show us image snapshots of register entries of one or more transactions not appearing in the Calendar, please? Show the Calendar, too.
    At the moment I suspect that a Calendar limited to show only one account may not show transfer transactions recorded in another register with Category = [the calendar account name]
    Your images would help prove or disprove this theory.

How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• tnw5151
    tnw5151 Member
    Options

UKR, sorry for the delay. We have Quicken Deluxe, Version R47.15 Build 27.1.47.15. Subscription doesn't expire for another 7 weeks.

I don't feel comfortable sharing our financial info…albeit watered down :-) on this forum. As I mentioned in my message, we have been using Quicken for 16 years, so I can confirm the correct account is chosen to pull transactions into the calendar. We have bee using our 1 main checking account to use the calendar for well over 10 years.

Given we have been using the calendar feature for our cash flow planning for 10 years, not sure why it stopped working out of the blue. We figured it was a release change.

I understand how the settings work and nothing was changed, I can assure you of that. The transactions went missing for no reason. I have tested choosing other accounts in the calendar and showing recorded transactions. The feature works fine for all other accounts when I test them, but not our main checking account which has 16 years worth of transactions that we have been tracking on the calendar.

I appreciate your help. Not trying to be difficult about sharing the screenshot, just not comfortbale sharing that information online.

Thanks!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would you be more comfortable sharing what's showing on your screen with a Quicken Support person?
    In that case, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• tnw5151
    tnw5151 Member
    Options

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.