How stop auto entry of check numbers?

qcknuser
qcknuser Member ✭✭
I'm using Windows Ver R47.15. How do I stop the auto populating of check numbers? It seems only to happen with one Bank/America checking acct.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @qcknuser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Is this occurring with downloaded transactions? If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• qcknuser
    qcknuser Member ✭✭
    The Bank America used to number their payments in a 6000 series. My checks that I manually entered are in a 4000 series. Now the downloaded Bank payments are numbered sequentially from the last check I manually entered in the 4000 series resulting in a duplicate error message.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

When this happened to me years ago, I phoned the bank and they were able to change their e-check numbering sequence for my account. You could ask them not to send numbers at all, but I don't know whether that's possible. There's nothing Quicken can do about it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.