ameriprise new account

Options
trying to add a new Ameriprise Financial account to quicken. Using Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct. I have first gone to Ameriprise.com\quicken to validate the connection. Still I get the message "We couldn't get information about Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct. This account will be set up as a manual account." What's going wrong?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Allanfug_xtra,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Ameriprise? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SterlingBev
    SterlingBev Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,
    I went to Ameriprise.com/quicken, then logged in. Then I went back to my quicken program, right clicked on Ameriprise, clicked on account settings, Then clicked on change connection, clicked on Ameriprise connection 133 direct, Then clicked on direct connect, Then added my customer ID and password. Everything worked great for me. when I tried connecting through quicken instead of direct connect it didn't work.

I hope this helps or you already fixed it, B)
This discussion has been closed.