USAA Accounts Will Not Balance

Options
2»

Answers

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also was having an issue LATELY with reconciling my USAA accounts. I discovered that for some reason my OPENING BALANCE was populated with the EXACT amount that my reconciliations were off by. I had to go back to previous backup copies to check, but yeah, for some reason (USAA or Quicken?) updated my accounts AND put in an erroneous OPENING BALANCE. Took them out and everything adjusted fine!
  • ssalava
    ssalava Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Another Quicken/USAA user confirming that I've had the same problem every since the Reauthorization problem was solved. I have stay quiet hoping that the situation would resolve itself but after a few weeks of experiencing everything described by users on the first page of this thread (I haven't read page 2 yet). I just keep accepting Quicken's adjustments and then deleting them (after reconciliation). I download every morning and the adjustment amount changes every time.

I download almost every morning and I've tried to deduce the amount from pending transactions and never get a match of single or combined amounts. My available balance is always the online balance so that can't be the root cause for me. When comparing to USAA online, I can see that Quicken does not download pending transactions.

I see that the last post from a moderator was 03/20/23, more than two weeks ago. <smh>
  • hutchclark
    hutchclark Member
    Options

Another Quicken/USAA user also confirming that I've had the same problem since reauthorization. Pending transactions do not download but are counted in the online balance resulting in the inability to reconcile without using the Quickin adjustments. This does not happen with my USAA Credit Card, only my checking/savings accounts.

• DGerhardt
    DGerhardt Member
    Options

Same issue. Checking and savings affected. Not credit cards.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, and screenshots/examples of transactions that you are seeing within the financial institution website but not within Quicken, attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6246)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ssalava
    ssalava Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,
    Did you see Janean's post from March 20th? What is the status of the ticket she created?

Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin
    March 20
    Hi All, I have reported this issue and a ticket has been created. Please stay tuned and we will update you when we have anymore information regarding a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. (CTP-6246)

-Quicken Janean
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ssalava,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ssalava
    ssalava Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine and I exchanged private messages on 04/26/23 and I have since replied three more times since then with no response. I have had seven balance adjustments during that time; four increases and three reductions. <sigh>
  • davidraby
    davidraby Member
    Options

I am also having this issue with USAA. Why is it Quicken has not fixed this issue as today is May 17 and this has been a problem since March? Why do we have to communicate these problems on this online community site. Does quicken monitor this site? If so, Fix the damn problem. It's unacceptable. Why pay for your product if I have to go back to manually reconciling off of monthly statements.

• kdr42
    kdr42 Member
    Options

It's absolutely unacceptable that Quicken would let this problem we are having with every download from USAA go on for almost 3 months without resolving it. If it isn't resolved soon, I will discontinue using Quicken and move to another product!

• VMars
    VMars Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

USAA is having the same problem. It started during the spring. I think USAA was doing an upgrade of their systems. USAA tells me to call Quicken.

[Merged Post]

• robert.byng
    robert.byng Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same problem with USAA FSB.

[Merged Post]

• Jon Chase
    Jon Chase Member ✭✭
    Options
    I now get the "reauthorize" message which is exactly the same as the one from several months ago! I refuse to "reauthorize" my USAA accounts knowing full well neither Quicken nor USAA has resolved the initial problem. When will Quicken address this ongoing problem?
  • trainorw65
    trainorw65 Member
    Options

I went through the reauthorization process with USAA today and immediately started having issues with my checking balance. I had to revert to a backup file prior to reauthorization to correct the issue.

This is the same thing that happened a few months ago when the reauthorization prompt appeared. I simply stopped any further attempts and will do the same once again. This upgrade is useless if it continues to produce inaccurate statements.

• yert1969
    yert1969 Member
    Options

I delayed re-authorizing my USAA accounts as long as possible fearing this outcome. My Quicken annual subscription (which is outrageously priced) doesn't provide any quality control. If the most basic function of a personal finance software package doesn't work (balance reconciliation) that what exactly am I paying for? Please fix this issue. It has been multiple months.

• ssalava
    ssalava Member ✭✭
    Options
    As Quicken users and USAA members, we should acknowledge that some (perhaps all?) of the blames lies with USAA.

I have no problems with Quicken balancing my other non-USAA financial accounts. In fact, it is only my USAA FSB Checking account that has this problem. Not my USAA savings account, not my USAA credit card.

When it comes to customer service, today's USAA is not my father's USAA.
  • radarchief75
    radarchief75 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too had to go back to a backup and delayed going to the new authorization method. I was trying to figure out why my account was off $365.71 and saw that it was created as an opening balance (like others). I've used quicken since the 90's and am frustrated with lack of communication for quicken about issues, even after reporting the issues per the instructions on this page and calling and troubleshooting hours with quicken and/or usaa.

• Brook R
    Brook R Member
    Options

Same issue. Quicken is detecting pending and cleared transactions and trying to reconcile both against the cleared balance, which creates reconciliation errors. From reading these posts, Quicken is well aware of this, and has done…nothing…to solve any of it. I guess we can keep marching forward with no information. Ha. But, keep generating those trouble tickets.

• SteveGG
    SteveGG Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have started having this problem since I converted to the "new connection method" between Quicken and USAA about a week ago. Very frustrating. I have been using Quicken with USAA for years and very few problems until this last change to connection method. I am using Quicken Deluxe, Version R50.14, Build 27.1.50.14 on Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS build 19045.2965.

• lisariss
    lisariss Member
    Options

This is still a problem. When I try to reconcile manually the transaction remain a c and not R, so now I have to update all of them manually. AND there are still issues with reconciling. I'm ready to find a new program. I'm OVER all of these problems with Quicken. The quality continues to be an issue.

• Dan Lies
    Dan Lies Member ✭✭
    Options

Just saying that this is still a problem for me. When there are no Pending items at USAA, the online balance works and reconciles. If there are Pending items, they are not downloaded, but are added to the online balance. No Reconcile.

• artleach
    artleach Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had the same problem since mid-January 2023 when Quicken updated their program. Since then I've had to enter a daily "phantom transaction" that I label "QUICKEN Errors" using the amount of the error in the reconciliation. Every day the amount changes as well as whether it's a deposit or a deduction. The error seems to be in the "pending" transactions at USAA. USAA recognizes that when there are pending transactions, the available amount of money in the account is different from the actually cleared amounts alone would show. Quicken apparently is using only the cleared amounts. Until Quicken and USAA can learn to talk to one another, we're probably stuck in a broken program.

This discussion has been closed.