Quicken Mobile vs Desktop Software--different net income reports
I get different results from the quicken mobile versus the installed computer software when net income or income/expenses are calculated on a monthly basis. Some months are the same-some months are off my thousands of dollars. I use a Mac. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case).
To start with, I suggest that you please try to reset the cloud by following the instructions below. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable).
- Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
- Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
- Mobile, Web & Alerts
- Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
- Click Disable Sync
- Navigate to Connected Services
- Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
- Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
- Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
- Click Enable Sync
Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts to select/deselect the accounts as desired, then click Update. Once that completes, sign back in on the Quicken Mobile app, and see if the issue still continues to persist.
I hope this helps!-Quicken Anja0
Hi Anja: Thanks for much for your advice. I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, I tried it and got the same result. For example, the net income for on the mobile version for January 2023 is a third lower than the mac version. For February, the two versions are exacly the same. For the current month of March, the mac version reflects a negative income although I've had income this month. I have tried to figure out what is different, why some months are the same between versions and some months aren't but haven't had any luck. Any other advice? Thanks again!0
Sorry to add one more comment. My March accounts just reconciled. But the January one and a few others from 2022 are still off.0
Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps and for providing more information.
Next, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account. To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps (if applicable). Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file.
- On your desktop program; navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
- Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn sync Off
- Close Preferences
- Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
- Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
- Connected Services
- Click on See all cloud accounts…
- Select the cloud account name from your original file
- Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
- On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
- Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
- Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
- Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn sync back on
Once that's done, see if the issue still continues to persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Jasmine0
Hi: Sadly, I wasn't competent enough to do this. I think I need to understand better what the solution is trying to do. I tried creating a new file. But I wasn't sure if I had to manually add all the accounts, reconnecting them to my financial institutions with passwords etc—which would take some time—or just continue. I'm really confused. What should I do? Any idea which financial information I should trust as correct-the mobile or the desktop? Any other way of fixing this problem or is there someone who can walk me through this in greater detail. Thanks!0
Thanks for reaching back out, though I do apologize for the trouble completing those steps.
For further assistance, I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly, they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real time and utilize functions such as screen share.
The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.
I hope this helps!-Quicken Jasmine0
Thank you, I'll do that.0