USAA Credit Card not downloading (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• Brand
    Brand Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, I learned a few new things about Quicken today. Specifically, Quicken does communicate, not necessary on the individual level, but in a broad sense. On Quicken’s Community.quicken.com page, you can view the “Announced Discussions” to see a list of know issues and, if available, insights on the path to resolving the issue. Prior today I’ve not spend much time in with the Quicken community, but now I’ve come to see it value. Have a great day and thanks to everyone in this thread!
  • irritated user
    irritated user Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue - no USAA VISA credit card downloads into Quicken since 3/4/23. On the USAA web site, the credit card transactions appear as "Category Pending", but appear cleared on the USAA Mobile App. The Online credit card current balance and the USAA Mobile app balance is the same and includes the "Category Pending" charges. The credit card is setup / authorized using the EWC+ method. i'll submit to Help > Report a problem…

• kamoth1
    kamoth1 Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. USAA credit card transactions after about Mar 3 are no longer downloading. There may be an issue with USAA since all transactions after that do show the category as pending on the USAA website despite the transactions themselves having ‘posted’ to the account, but I see there are a few with the ‘pending category’ have downloaded to Quicken, so I'm not sure that is the issue. There was a recent update to Quicken for those of us with accounts with USAA, changing the connectivity from ‘Direct Connect’ to ‘Express Web Connect +’. This update to Quicken happened just prior to the start of this issue.

• burtonzx6
    burtonzx6 Member
    Options

I walked through this the EWC+ reauthentication issue with Quicken Support for an hour-plus. I did a report as well. I am going to manually select a category on the online website and see if that fixes it.

• burtonzx6
    burtonzx6 Member
    Options

Nope, can't change the category like we used to be able to do. All my missing transactions since 3/2 are “category pending” but fully cleared transactions.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RonFrance
    RonFrance Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem, no USAA credit card downloads since 3/3
  • Jan35
    Jan35 Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I spoke with a tech rep from USAA who was totally unaware of why this was happening. She insisted that we need “Direct Connect” and that “Express Web Connect” is not supported by USAA. Then I connected with a Quicken Tech rep. He had me sign out and sign back in on my Quicken account. After that a few (5) transactions downloaded - some from 2020 - and one recent one that still had Category Pending. All the remaining ones with Category Pending will not download. I asked the Quicken rep how I could go back to Direct Connect, and he said I couldn't because I had already transitioned to the new “Express Web Connect”. I hope they are working on this and will get it resolved soon.

• Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto. I may cancel my USAA credit card which I've had for decades.
  • jensenrm55
    jensenrm55 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Exactly same issue. I spoke with USAA Tech Support today (Sunday) but seem to have gotten the weekend crew. They promised to forward it along to the "regular crew chief"
  • Plant-Powered
    Options

I can't get my my husban's credit card to connect to Quicken. He's an authorized user on it. The rest of our accounts are all connecting. Right now, our other credit card where he's the primary stopped downlaoding. I just got off the phone with USAA support and they told me the latest Quicken update has created this current issue with the downloading of transactions. They told me to contact Quicken.

Will Quicken not download transaction on a credit card where the user is an authroized user to a credit card? I can't find anything about this.

• TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member
    Options

I have USAA Credit Card. No transactions have down loaded since 5 March even though pending on the transaction is not showing (charge has cleared)! Every transaction shows category pending since 3 March. Even with category pending in 3 through 5 March transactions they since down loaded. Nothing able to down load since 5 March.

This happened about 4 months ago as well.

• MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Plant-Powered...part of your question may not be directly related to this thread...however, anyone can download information into a Quicken as that person has the username/password/2-factor authentication for the account. I maintain Quicken in my household and there are accounts that I am not on but can access/download into Quicken. The financial institution does not directly know who in your household keeps Quicken updated.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello to all in this thread: Make sure you are reading "Quicken Jasmine"'s comments in this thread which is now has multiple pages of comments so you may need to go back a page or so to find her comments.

If you have not done so already: Inside Quicken go to the Help tab and "Report a problem". That will create a report with log files attached so that you can contribute to Quicken's investigation.

Raising the concern in this thread is helpful to other community members in the thread, but this thread is not the same as "Report"ing "a problem."

I personally have not received any "error messages" when updating. If you are receiving "error messages" be sure to take a screenshot of the error message and send it in with your report. If you have not ever taken a screenshot, hold down in this sequence "Window" key+Shift+S which allows you to take a screenshot and save it as an image file which you can upload to the report file. (I don't know the screenshot steps for a Mac.)

I had no luck with USAA on Friday. I must have been one of the first to call in. They offered no help in the end and left me on hold so long I finally hung up.
  • emandsam
    emandsam Member
    Options

I recently updated USAA to Webconnect+, since that time the credit card is not downloading recent transactions. It does give the appropriate online balance, so it is “connected” to the account in some way; however the recent transactions fail to populate. I have disconnected and reconnected the account 3 times without it changing. My other USAA accounts are updating appropriately.

• aikoaiko3
    aikoaiko3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Since re-authorizing on or about March 7, USAA credit cards no longer download data, but a USAA checking account does download data.
  • Perry Orne
    Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    here also
  • aikoaiko3
    aikoaiko3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. USAA credit cards stopped downloading after reauthorizing and moving to Express Web Connect on or about March 5. USAA checking account downloads transactions with no issues. No errors received.
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had the same issue as well for over a week. This all seemed to start after I did the required USAA update last week that required me to log into USAA and to “Allow” transactions to download into Quicken. I authorized and transactions did download then, plus some older ones from about a month but then just stopped about a day or two later. I reported it on March 10 and called and checked the status again today. I was told no solution is available yet but technical staff is working on it. I was also told that there is nothing yet posted on the Quicken support site but I was told that something should be posted within a day or two. I would hope that a solution is determined by a couple of days from now. Very frustrating.

• Perry Orne
    Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @quicken Can you please comment in this issue?
  • ronzimmerman1
    ronzimmerman1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same Problem.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Options
    @ronzimmerman1 @Perry Orne @Drax97 @aikoaiko3 @emandsam Thank you all for posting. I started this community thread on Friday. Yesterday (Sunday) I posted at 3:41 pm on how to "Report" your issue. If you have not done so already, please report this to Quicken. This community thread is not the same as reporting the issue to Quicken (according to comments in this thread on Friday by "Quicken Jasmine" which you can find by going back to to the earlier pages in this thread.)
  • artleach
    artleach Member ✭✭
    Options
    In spite of the email today saying the issues with USAA have been fixed, they have not!
  • wildcatmcc
    wildcatmcc Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

It's on both USAA credit and banking accounts, at least in my case. (The "category pending" designator.). I just got off the phone with a USAA tech support person, who couldn't provide any expected resolution date. And she didn't mention anything about the category pending issue.

This [Removed - Language] happened a year ago when once again USAA and Quicken failed to communicate and resolve an issue for their mutual customers. I've been with both companies since the 1990s, and I'm seriously considering leaving both. This is ridiculous.

• MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Options
    @artleach I did not see an "all clear" email today. Interesting that you did. I just submitted more info about an hour or so ago in response to a request from Quicken to provide additional details on my experience. Have you done the "Help: Report a problem"? I hope you and @wildcatmcc will submit a report if you have not done so already. That's the main way to continue to get this issue elevated.
  • wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto for me. I just spent a half hour waiting for USAA Tech Support and the tech had no clue what the problem is and didn't know whether anyone else is having a problem with quicken. He finally said to call quicken and gave me their support number. I have had no transactions downloaded since 3/4/23. It's very frustrating. I've been a member of USAA for a very long time and always very satisfied, but lately I think they're getting sloppy in the interest of cutting costs. I look forward to some word from Quicken on this debacle.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Options
    @wkuehner Please make sure to file your issue through Quicken's "Help:Report a problem". Our chats here don't elevate the problem. You need to "Report" the issue. Go to the Help tab on your Quicken app and find "Report a problem". Thanks!
  • TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member
    Options

"Anyone had success resolving this issue?"

Answer: No

"the credit card transactions not downloading into Quicken are those that have the “category pending” designation in USAA's credit card register, despite that the transaction itself is no longer in the pending status."

I have the same problem. Quicken tech and USAA tech were not able to solve the problem for me.

Express Web Connect+ method.

"I had this issue with Quicken connect in the past and switched to direct connect and it worked perfectly. Now that they did away with direct connect I am back to the exact same issue of transactions not being downloaded by Quicken. I'm about to dump USAA and Quicken."

Same issue for me. Direct connect is no longer an option for connection. No error messages.

• Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    I pulled up the transactions view on the website for our joint VISA account and besides the "Category Pending" transactions since March 5 that haven't downloaded, going further back in time I noticed that I still have some Category Pending transactions posted on Feb 11-13. These apparently did reconcile but I had manually entered them into Quicken after a brief road trip and prior to them downloading to Quicken from USAA. I had manually assigned categories to them and these didn't change upon reconciling. I find it curious that USAA still shows them as Category Pending given they are a month old.
  • spayne62
    spayne62 Member
    Options

The last downloaded transaction for me was 3/4. I have reported with Quicken Help.

This discussion has been closed.