USAA Credit Card not downloading (QWIN)

13»

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Based on the screenshot @TACAMO80 posted and the fact that is on the USAA website that points to some kind of USAA problem. Pending transactions aren't supposed to be downloaded to Quicken. What makes this even stranger is that the newest 3 transactions have a "pending" status after them. That looks like the "official" pending transactions, and the "Category Pending" some kind of glitch in their system that doesn do the final processing when the transaction has posted.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • solzia
    solzia Member

Category pending—how is that a Quicken issue? Although I am one who's having issues with USAA downloads too! But this appears to be a USAA issue too? I notice now I have over a week's transactions still saying catogory pending.

What's worse is that my credit card account is now showing as a savings account, so no longer able to 'link to existing account.'

• MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    @TACAMO80 I started this thread on Friday and have been following all the responses. With your Quicken program open you need to go the Help tab and then Report an issue. That is the best place to upload the image you shared. If you look back toward the beginning of this thread (there are 3 pages now ... so go back) and look for Quicken_Jasmine. She explains why posts in this thread are not the same as reporting the problem through the Help tab. After I reported through the Help tab, Quicken reached back out to me for more information and I provided them an image very similar to yours. The more people posting through the proper reporting channel, the more noise we make where it matters. Thanks
  • HDB
    HDB Member ✭✭

same issues as others. I suspected the problem at USAA because the category is not updating there. Spoke with USAA IT on March 11. Nice people but no help at all. Seemed they are clueless. So I think the issue rests with USAA but the Quicken "experts" don't seem to get their recommendations aren't the solution.

• stinger32
    stinger32 Member ✭✭
    USAA/Quicken stopped downloading credit card transactions on March 5 or maybe before. Anyway, there are transactions that are not pending with dates listed as March 5 to March 12 that still haven't been downloaded.
  • wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    Hate to muddy the waters a bit, but I got up this morning, cranked up Quicken update, and all my USAA transactions downloaded. Is this a fix or purely by chance? Who knows. Transparency doesn't seem to be USAAs strong suit.
  • paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Encouraging update here… I followed up on last week's call to USAA's Web Support dept and today my call was routed to Banking, the dept that now owns this issue. The banking rep I spoke to was very helpful and read the internal notification she received that is precisely about this issue making it apparent that USAA is very aware that transactions are stuck in “category pending” status and these transactions do not download into Quicken. She offered to use the tools at her disposal to help elevate the issue to upper management. Specifically, she documented both a “subtle complaint” as well as a feedback entry, saying the later would gain the attention of upper management.

From here, I suggest the squeaky wheel approach. In addition to submitting the issue to Quicken via the Help menu as suggested in this thread earlier, CALL USAA 800-531-8722 and choose the Banking/Credit Card dept. They are aware of the issue. Ask them to make a feedback entry on your behalf stating the issue and requesting an expected resolution date. Let’s just keep calling (kind persistence)! It’s may be our best path to a speedier fix.
  • paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    @wkuehner I just tried to update again. Received data for checking but nothing for Visa. Did you see Visa Credit Card transactions come into Quicken?
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    It does seem to be working this morning. Checking back on the few transactions from Feb that hadn't come across before (per my previous post upthread), they now appear to have been categorized by USAA and apparently that freed them to download into Quicken. So perhaps it's fixed for now. May it work for you!
  • burgie66
    burgie66 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately still not working for me. I checked the USAA website this morning and a lot of transactions now have categories assigned, but nothing is downloading from early March into Quicken for my USAA Visa account.
  • sdcharle
    sdcharle Member

Good news! I was able to update by doing a "Reset Account" from Edit account details/Online Services. Neither One Step Update nor Update Now had produced updates this morning. But the reset account downloaded all non-pending transactions. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

• wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    @paula.michele I was able to download both VISA and Amex transactions.
  • paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Woo Hoo!! Working for me now as well! :) So grateful for this group at times like this. Good luck all!
  • Brand
    Brand Member ✭✭
    Hello! I can happily report that I've downloaded my USAA Credit card transactions this afternoon. I appreciate everyone’s insight while we patiently waited for Quicken/USAA to address the issue.
  • RonFrance
    RonFrance Member ✭✭
    "Reset" comment above worked.
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    I was going to report the problem today, but thought I'd try the download before I did. It worked! I didn't have to deactivate/activate or anything special. Just ran a download on that account. Fingers crossed that the issue is fixed...
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    I ran the regular Update in Quicken and all the USAA VISA charges since March 4 downloaded. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread - and if nothing else, when these issues occur, it is nice to know that it's not just my experience.
    Appreciated @Quicken Jasmine's early responses to remind us to "Report" issues through the Quicken Help tab.
    Though these Community threads help keep us sane while we wait for the "great and powerful Wizard of Oz" to figure out the technical issue. Though I would love for USAA or Quicken to pull back the curtain and explain what just happened.
  • burgie66
    burgie66 Member ✭✭
    Working as well for me, happy they resolved the issue!
  • elmarq
    elmarq Member ✭✭
    No downloads since March 4, at the time the transactions were pending category, that is not the case anymore. Dropped and re-added accounts multiple times. USAA says it is Quicken's fault, Quicken says it is USAA. Kind of a joke. No wonder banks are failing
  • irritated user
    irritated user Member ✭✭
    Just a heads up... My USAA Credit Card has downloaded the last two days properly. However now my account balance is incorrect. The balance is off by the same exact amount as a beginning balance entry from 2019... no idea why or what changed. The beginning balance is marked Reconciled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

@irritated user There is a long standing bug where Quicken changes the Opening Balance transaction when it shouldn't. If the full history of the account is in Quicken, then the opening balance transaction should be zero. If the full history isn't in Quicken you will need to determine what that opening balance transaction should be, which can be done by looking at a backup before the problem. Some people are recommending putting the right balance in a memo on that transaction to make sure they know what it should be in the future.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    My USAA credit card transactions started downloading correctly on 3/15/23, including transactions going back to 3/2 when they stopped downloading.

Quicken Premier for Windows also installed an update R48.9 Build 27.1.48.9
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭

I also have Quicken Premier for Windows and have also installed an update R48.9 Build 27.1.48.9 but no change in transactions not installing. After Deactivating and Reactivating the USAA online services, logging into USAA and allowing downloads, my account changed to Express Web Connect+. Did this happen to others? How do I get back to Direct Connect? I never changed to Web Connect.

• irritated user
    irritated user Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW - Thanks for the info... I'll check it out.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

@Chris_QPW Thanks for that also - after way too much time investigating, I had finally discovered the same opening balance problem and wondered how it happened. Glad to find out it wasn't something I did!

• Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭

@Quicken Janean, thank you for today's update on Alert 10102740. I just wanted to make clear that I don't beleive the issue with USAA transactions not downloading is just related to "category pending" transactions. I have over two weeks of transactions on my USAA VISA that have not downloaded that DO NOT have "category pending". I have sent three problem reports now via Qucken to help. Additinally, it appears that when I was required to log into USAA to authorize the downloads, it looks like it changed it to Web Express+ even though it says Direct Connect was successfully established. I have tried many times to Activate and Deactivate, as well as Reset with all of the same results. I have ran Validate many times with no errors. Thank you.

• Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭
    Would someone please post an update to the status of not being able to download USAA VISA transactions into Quicken (Alert 10102740)? Unless I am mistaken, I haven't seen any update in the last 5 days. Thanks.
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken for over 30 years. I really don’t understand why we are going on three weeks and the issue of not being able to download USAA VISA transactions has not been resolved. This is not like the Quicken I have seen for many decades. I have seen many issues over the past 20 years, but Quicken has responded promptly and quickly corrected the problems within a week. I don’t understand why this issue is taking so long to be corrected since it is a result of a planned change Quicken implemented. I raised this issue to USAA and the office of the CEO responded and called me. With Quicken, it is hard to get an update, and when we do, all it says is “This issue remains ongoing and our teams continue to work toward a solution. No ETA or further details are available at this time.” I have reported the problem many, many times within Quicken. How else can we help?
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭
    Can we please get an update on Alert 10102740? We are going on more than one month now. This issue has grown beyond USAA transactions not downloading, it is all Express Web Connect+ accounts. Now Bank of America accounts aren’t downloading nor is the online balance matching. The accounts that are not Express Web Connect+ are not having an issue.

I have called in many, many times and technicians are not able to correct this issue. This was a planned change and has not been working since it was implemented.

If this isn’t corrected soon, you leave us no choice other than to switch to another financial software system. After using Quicken for over 30 years, that would be a disappointment.
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member ✭✭
    Yea!!! USAA VISA Transactions are downloading again. As far as I can tell, all Express Web Connect+ Connections are downloading. There are still a few accounts whose online balances are not matching cleared balances but will work on that next. At least Express Web Connect+ transactions are downloading. Crawl - walk - run!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.