USAA down load wiped out Heat O'Texas Accounts by over writing the existing account

Since 5 March my USAA Credit Card and Loan account down loaded and replaced all the data from Heart O'Texas Federal Credit Union Checking and Savings Accounts.

Comments

• Hello @TACAMO80

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you have a recent backup, that would be the best way to recover any lost data from the Heart O'Texas account. Was there anything that happened before this issue occurred, such as being prompted to re-authorize an account or having to disconnect/reconnect an account?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member

"Was there anything that happened before this issue occurred, such as being prompted to re-authorize an account or having to disconnect/reconnect an account?"

I believe that it was re-authorize the account.

I ended up deleting the two accounts and reconnecting them. I can not get the USAA Visa transactions to down load into Quicken. I posted a snap shot from USAA showing the problem in another comment of mine here on Quicken.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Here is the most likely reason why the Chase re-autothorization replaced your Heat O'Texas accounts. When re-authorizing Quicken makes a guess at what online accounts should be linked to your Quicken accounts. Lots of times it gets this wrong. And to make things worse "the match" is in light grey text and is called the "Nickname".

Here is an example of it mismatching one of mine. If I just clicked OK at this point it would have connected my online credit card account to my old Chase Main Checking account (a long closed account). For this problem you have to click on the "Link to existing" pulldown menu and select the proper Quicken account.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.