Reports on Quicken for Mac

stevem789
stevem789 Member

I currently use Quicken for Windows and wish to use Quicken for MAC. However, I use spending one expense reports that show comparison spending over multiple years. Can you generate such reports in Quicken for Mac?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @stevem789

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Is there a specific report you're wanting to verify is available on Quicken for Mac? You should be able to customize a report to give you income and expense category totals by year.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

Yes, you can generate such reports. Here's a Category Summary report for the past four years:

You can specify whatever time period you want, so if you wanted the past 10 years, you could do that. I'm not sure if you're looking for reports by Category or by Payee, but you select either for the Row values.

You can also do a Comparison report between any two periods, so if you wanted 1/1/23-3/13/23 and 1/1/22-3/13/22, that's easy to do:

Or you could compare the last two quarters, or Q1 23 versus Q1 22.

What you can't do is a year-to-date report with the same time period in multiple prior years. That is, if you want a report for the current year-to-date, 1/1/23 through 3/13/23, compared to the same time range for the past four years (e.g. 1/1/22-3/13/22, 1/1/21-3/13/21, 1/1/20-3/13/20 and 1/1/19-3/13/19), you can't do that. (You'd have to do separate reports, export to CSV, and combine the columns in a spreadsheet program.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • stevem789
    stevem789 Member

thanks. I was looking to do annual comparisons of total spending by expense categories. So it sounds as if now Quicken MAC able to do that.

Are you able to drill down by selecting a specific expense category on the report and see the actual expenses that make up that total on the report?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Are you able to drill down by selecting a specific expense category on the report and see the actual expenses that make up that total on the report?

Yes. Just to clarify, you don't click on a category; you click on any of the numbers in the report — that is, for the intersection of a specific category and year — and it will pop open a drill-down report showing the transactions which comprise that value. So if you had a report of annual expenses for the past three years and you saw your Auto expenses for 2021 were $1,234.56, you could click on that value in the report and have it open a transaction detail report for Category=Auto for the time range of 2021.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.