First Bancorp NC account setup
First Bancorp NC acquired my local bank. I can get to the point of entering my user ID and password in Activate One Step Update. The software looks for the First Bancorp Account and provides options to receive a secure access code in a text message. All is well to that point and I receive and enter the code that I receive in a text message. Then Quicken looks for the accounts and there is a brief message about updating accounts before I get a message "Sorry. We encounterd an error. (It's not your fault.) Then I am out of options and Quicken says it is having trouble connecting to First Bancorp.
If you want to continue using your old bank's account registers in Quicken, have you deactivated them all before attempting to activate the connection to the new bank?0
Yes, I did that first.0
Thanks for responding.
If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. This problem may have to be escalated to 2nd Tier Support.
- To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-supportand select Chat or Phone support.
- Support is only available during posted hours of operation
- The phone number can be found at the support website.
- To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest
- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
- Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
- Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
thanks for you replies. Although I did nothing different, the process worked and I am now able to update and reconcile. I am guessing the bank has a delay between receiving my request and their implementing the connection. Regardless, it works. I am a long time Quicken user, and often the best solution to a problem is being patient and try later.0