First Bancorp NC account setup

Options

First Bancorp NC acquired my local bank. I can get to the point of entering my user ID and password in Activate One Step Update. The software looks for the First Bancorp Account and provides options to receive a secure access code in a text message. All is well to that point and I receive and enter the code that I receive in a text message. Then Quicken looks for the accounts and there is a brief message about updating accounts before I get a message "Sorry. We encounterd an error. (It's not your fault.) Then I am out of options and Quicken says it is having trouble connecting to First Bancorp.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to continue using your old bank's account registers in Quicken, have you deactivated them all before attempting to activate the connection to the new bank?

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I did that first.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for responding.

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. This problem may have to be escalated to 2nd Tier Support.

Quicken Support:

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

thanks for you replies. Although I did nothing different, the process worked and I am now able to update and reconcile. I am guessing the bank has a delay between receiving my request and their implementing the connection. Regardless, it works. I am a long time Quicken user, and often the best solution to a problem is being patient and try later.

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The update to First Bank (first bancorp) only works occasionally. Otherwise it will not and the error described above persists.

This discussion has been closed.