Quicken & Fidelity Netbenefits - status ?

Support- I see from all the comments that there is something goin on with Fidelity Netbenefits, can you give an update on this?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited March 2023

Hello @Finance_Woes,

There are a couple known issues with Fidelity Netbenefits. At this time, we do not have an ETA on resolution. To be notified of updates as they become available, please click the blue ribbon located in the upper right for the applicable alert. The alerts are Fidelity Netbenefits OL-220 and Fidelity NetBenefits- Duplicate Securities.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Uzername
    Uzername Member ✭✭

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭

Having the same netbenefits issue with quicen for mac. Not giving me a error message, just won't update the netbenefits information. I can update the price manually but sure hope Quicken solves this one.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭

Mine stopped about the same date as yours did.

• crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    same problem here
  • R Patel
    R Patel Member

Any updates yet?

We are paying subscribers. This is not a free service. Where do you stand on it?

• oconnorgf
    oconnorgf Member

ditto on netbenefits problem.

• oconnorgf
    oconnorgf Member

Fidelity Netbenefits will not download.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Fidelity usually takes down their systems late Saturday & early Sunday for … I don't know. Maintenance? Backups? A wild night on the town? I just know if I run one step update around this time of the week, all my Fidelity accounts fail. Wait until Sunday during the day & it's fine again. It doesn't have anything to do with the ongoing issues with NetBenefits.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Finance_Woes
    Finance_Woes Member
    edited April 2023

@Quicken Kristina  Any update on this, the problem still exists. [Removed - Speculation]

• Brian14
    Brian14 Member ✭✭
    Apparently, Fidelity implemented a new multi-factor authentication (MFA.) Is Quicken taking action to support this new MFA? Does Quicken have the ability to adopt or is Fidelity completely blocking access? I'm confused whether this new MFA is causing a "temporary interruption" or if this is a termination of third party downloads from Fidelity (Fidelity's MFA will not support third party access.)
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

@Brian14 thanks for this useful information. In looking at my NetBenefits account I see there's a section called "Fidelity Access℠" that talks about third party access, which I assume includes Quicken. Under the account information, it says "There are no third-party apps, tools, and/or websites who you've authorized Fidelity to share your account data with through Fidelity Access℠." I don't see anywhere I can even add / authorize / review Quicken. I've tried to reset the account. I've turned off and TRIED to turn back on account access in OSU. (not working so far)

The info on this at https://www.fidelity.com/security/third-party-app-protection makes it seem like Quicken needs to reach out to Fidelity. I hope they are, but as I'm sure you know, we'll never hear updates / details here. Quicken tech support is pretty opaque about what is going on, status, etc. I would be way more patient with these problems if we had regular status and progress updates from Quicken.

In case Quicken is listening, Fidelity NetBenefits says to call this number 😉

If you need assistance importing your Fidelity NetBenefits® account information, call 800-581-5800.

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭

Hello? Quicken Support? Knock knock, anybody home?? How about a daily update on the Fidelity NetBenefits issue? Even if the update is "We're sorry, we still don't know how to fix this." would be welcome.

The silence is deafening. 🙄

• For those reading this, I figured out the issue that I'm having. I reset the connection and I found that there are multiple Fidelity connections from quicken. I swapped it so it used the Fidelity Netbenefits connection and voila, it began to work. The other accounts that were held at Fidelity stayed under Fidelity investments. Not sure if this will work for you but wanted to pass it along.

In my case using netbenefit connection works fine for employer sonsored plans and all other accounts from Fidelity had to use the Fidelity investment connection. Hope this helps!

• tomen
    tomen Member

I'm having the same Fidelty account update issue . What's going there hasn't been a update for a week

• vicm881
    vicm881 Member ✭✭

Still having the same problem with Fidelity NetBenefits. Has there been any resolution????

• vicm881
    vicm881 Member ✭✭

Huge issue with downloading Fidelity NetBenefit transactions for almost two months. I've tried to reset many times unsuccessfully. This is what happens when trying to download transactions:

• vicm881
    vicm881 Member ✭✭

Until Quicken figures it out, a temporary workaround is to go to log into fidelity Net benefits and download the transactions and date range missing from quickens in a .qif file.

This discussion has been closed.