Citi online Biller FixIt does not work

Options
2»

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Bob. I wish I could tell you. I don't use the Online Bills feature, myself, so I have little insight into what is happening. My understanding is that Online Bills should be working with DC. I have not heard anything about why it is i not. All I can do at this point is to refer people back to @Quicken Kathryn 's 3/17 post above. It sounds like Quicken Inc has possibly identified what might be causing the issue and is working on a solution to the problem.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And a major foo with AT&T and, and… belive me, I know.

Here's what I would do. You choose, of course.

• MAKE A BACKUP!
    • Unlink Citi and reminder.
    • Use manage online Billers and delete Citi
    • Delete the reminder
    • Close Quicken and say Beetlejuice 3 times
    • Reopen Quicken.
    • Do a OSU
    • Go to Online Bills and add Citi
    • Create a new reminder. Cannot see it now, but a way from Online Billers to create a new reminder - actually, when you try to link from Online Billers there is that option. Do it.
    • OSU.
    • With luck….

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trust me. I know what is happening and it is as I described. Some people having unknown glitches, but for the most part this is it. and CITI will NO LONGER work with Direct Connect for Online Biller. they will for a time to download transactions. So I have no questions. Just trying to help here as I have been through it before most will.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Phil, forgot to mention one thing you could try before or after and before readding CITI.

Try the Review and Repair Online Billers. Could be very interesting. Under the gear icon. You should be able to find it. Let me know. Has me curious.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK -- I did all that, plus a Repair of online billers (which made 3 corrections). Then:
    1) I tried to add Citi Credit Card as a new online biller, but it added Citi (type: bank).
    2) I left the above entry and tried to add Citi Credit Card again. Another entry for Citi (type: bank) appeared.
    3) I now had TWO Citi billers, one of which was blank, and the other **with the current bill and due date** and the yellow warning triangle.
    4) Another Repair, which removed the blank Citi biller.
    5) If I now try to FixIt>Update Connection, it comes up with a "Citi Cards (xxxx)" account with a zero balance and a due date of today. I did not follow through with this.
    6) I linked the Citi biller to a new Reminder with the correct amount and date
    7) I completed #5 to Update Connection
    8) Citi biller now says "Awaiting next bill" with no amount or date
    9) Reminder remains with current amount and date, and a new Citi bill (not online biller) appeared in Bill Manager linked from Reminder
    10) If I link the Citi online bill to the Reminder, the Reminder will revert to zero
    I'm right back where I started!

I have to give up for now. Maybe Quicken will fix something in the next few days before the bill due date. But I'm thinking: All this just to have to pay by check pay, so a check can be late, lost, or stolen from the mail for nefarious purposes? No electronic payment? Is this not 2023?
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Phil, What do you see in the accounts list? My Online Services tab on the Account Details page shows my connection is Express Web Connect as yours does, but the Accounts List (Cntrl-A) page shows the connection as

The improved connection option offered is Direct Connect. Other accounts on this page show the connection explicitly as either Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+ or Direct Connect. No other accounts are listed as Yes (Improve Connection). I suspect that my connection with Citi is not Express Web Connect. By the way, my connection with Chase is "Express Web Connect+." Chase was an early adopter of this new connection scheme.

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Phil - sorry. I think you are doing too many things. I would never add a Citi biller that was not correct. Be sure it is the card. And link to a new reminder, but do not change the amount due in it. And once shown properly in Online Billers, even without a date and amount, leave it. Do an OSU tomorrow. Wait for next month's bill. But I think you might be making things worse.

Afraid you shoul dcall support if you need more. Frankly, from what I read you are working correctly when doing the right things.

@vlrbert Citi no longer works as an Online Biller with Direct Connect. Read posts above. You can download transactions, but not use Online Biller unless EWC. That is a fact.

Enough. I tried to help my fellow frustrated users. Sometimes hard not seeing what you are and hard because I achienbed success (not always) and you hve not yet. There are MANY other Online Biller issues, but I think thiso ne is working for now. And wil change again when Citi goes EWC+.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @virbert
    I see everything the same as you describe in the Account List. Of course we do not want to "Improve Connection" because Quicken has forced us away from that. If I click Edit and look at the Online Services tab for Citi, I can see that I am on EWC, which is where we are supposed to be.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bob.
    When starting with a clean slate, selecting Citi Credit Card for online biller, it connects and authorizes -- and Citi (type: bank) appears in Bill Manager, NOT Citi Credit Card that I chose! (I have no bank account with Citi.) Nevertheless, it shows up either blank or with the correct bill and yellow warning. Yes, very weird.

I'm assuming your card bill shows up as a card account. But all I can do is choose a card account, and it shows up as a bank account.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I have. I had to link to get the name correct IF I recall.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What happens if you carefully hover the NAME in that @Phil? I show previous payments and dates confirming it is all correct. You?

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I just linked the online Citi biller to the manual Reminder, which removed the not-online Citi biller -- and somehow the online Citi biller now says type: credit card. Not sure exactly when it changed. When I had two Citi online billers earlier, they both were type: bank. Maybe one of the OSU made the change.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hovering over the name just shows the last four digits of the account and "No recent payments".
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And it IS linked to a remonder and shows the proper name of th CIti account? If not, I think there is an issue with the linking. Mine has the name I use when paying the bill. The last 4 digits. And the last time the bill was paid and amount. So I think you are close, but not there yet.

If you pay the bill, what name is it paying? is it the same as shown in Online Billers?

If not, and again if me., I would unlink, remove the remionder. Restart. Link for the ADD NEW REMINDER at the bottom of the link to remionder dialog. Just me. You also could stay where you are :) Seems better than it was.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it all looks good to me. Names match up now. The only thing missing is the downloaded bill. No recent payments show, but that may be due to all the repairing, deleting, etc.

I will now wait to see what happens in the next couple of days. Thanks again for your advice.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, there are too many Phil's in the Discussions. I apparently is the first Phil in the @Phil list. Which is not the one in this discussion. They don't allow me to change my username to include last initial or anything. Sorry I have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.