eBill error for Consumer Cellular

Options

Quicken for Mac is getting an error connecting to Consumer Celluar for eBills. It says it needs to relogin, gets to where it triggers the one-time code, I enter the code, then it prompts for the code again, I enter it, and then it says it has an error. Logging in to the website works.

I was going to post step-by-step description, but this time it hung after it triggered the one-time passcode, giving the "Still Connecting to Consumer Cellular" dialog. Which won't work, because by the time it is ready to accept it, the passcode will have expired.

(Why would there be a delay between when it triggers the passcode and when it is ready for me to enter it? That should be instantaneous.)

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Michael Schmitt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Michael Schmitt
    Michael Schmitt Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

I tried it again today. The process was slow but it connected.

However, there is still a problem. When I update accounts, it says "Bill Presentment: Biller needs attention" "Biller Consumer Cellular needs your attention" — but there are no other errors, so I can't tell what attention it needs. Bills & Income just says "Awaiting next bill". There's no status (!).

• Michael Schmitt
    Options

Now it is back to the (!) with login update required.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Michael Schmitt,

Thank you for providing more information.

After reviewing my internal sources, I have discovered that the Consumer Cellular ebiller is currently showing a degraded status, this means that we are aware of and working on the issue, however, there is no current ETA.

I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please note:

• Michael Schmitt
    Options

Thanks, how will we know when it is fixed? Is there another topic tracking the issue?

• Michael Schmitt
    Options

Last week I successfully re-authenticated, but this week it threw the error again. Looks like the authentication doesn't persist.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the biller can't be made to work reliably thru Quicken Bill Pay, maybe it's time to reconsider my earlier advice and step away from Bill Pay. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you … automatically, on time, every time.

• Michael Schmitt
    Options

My bills are almost all paid by auto-pay. The reason it is in Quicken eBill is just so that it posts the correct amount as a debit in the appropriate account.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I do pretty much the same but my bank does not have connections with some institutions so they don't know what amount to autopay. Those are the ones I eBill in Quicken, and Bill Pay, now both situations are taken care of. All nice and convenient.

This discussion has been closed.