Error in custom report results
I have a tag for each vehicle, including a business vehicle and a personal vehicle. The report that provides a summary for only the business vehicle in question includes an expense for a personal vehicle even though the report setup does not include the tag for that vehicle. Since I also use categories accordingly, I was able to catch this instance but still, this should not happen.
The expenses are correctly split in the originating transaction. See screen capture images below. The first expense shown in the report should not be there as there is only the one tag applied to that expense in the transaction but in the report. it shows two tags applied to that specific line item. (I blanked out desc and memo for identifying data)
Curious if anyone else has seen this problem. Or missed it all together.
Can you show a screenshot of the split transaction details?-splasher using Q continuously since 1996 - Subscription Quicken - Win11
-Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list0
The Split_Entry image in my initial post shows this. Just click on the icon to open it. The incorrect report line is shown in the next image.0
The first thing I'd try here is to delete the transaction completely and then re-enter it. The report seems to be "seeing" something that isn't there.1
Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
What version of Quicken are you running? Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there. I am running R48.9.
What built-in report is this based on, and what customization options have you selected? It is not Itemized Tags, because that does not have a Subtotal by option.
The Banking Transaction report does have a Subtotal by option, which appears to match the screenshot you show. In that report if I select just one of the Tags in the split, the split is handled properly.QWin Premier subscription0
Version R48.9 Build 18.104.22.168 on Windows 10. This is a custom generated report, not based on any built-in report. I have been using this same report for at least 15 years and have not experienced this issue previously.
The options are "All Accounts", "All Categories", "All Payees", "All Securities (though does not apply to this situation), "All Transactions", and only the one tag for "92_F-350". Nothing has changed on this report as it was designed to only show transactions for the one vehicle.0
I made a copy of my data file and tried what Tom Young suggested. Deleting and recreating the transaction with the exact same data appears to have resolved the issue. The errant line item is no longer in the report. It will still make cause me scrutinize all my other reports to insure this same anomaly hasn't shown up elsewhere.0
"This is a custom generated report, not based on any built-in report."
No, ALL reports in Quicken are based on the built-in reports. You've taken what looks to be the Itemized Payee report, customized it, and saved it. If deleting the transaction and re-entering it doesn't work, then, Quicken has been known to screw up Saved Reports created under previous versions so perhaps the next thing to try is creating that report again under the current version.0
@DaisyDoo I have seen some posts on this site about tags getting 'combined' in reports and presentations when they should not have been. I think Quicken has acknowledged the problem, but I did not search out any of the relevant posts. This issue seems to come from split transactions that used different tags for different lines which fits your ase.
I think still with what you have, you may be able to get to the right report with a tweak to your report customization.
Customize the report, Tags tab, in the Tags Contain field enter ~94_Del-Sol. That lead character is the tilde ~ a squiggly hyphen that is telling Quicken to NOT include transactions with tags that include that '94_Del-Sol' string.
Hope this helps0
A relevant discussion?0
> @q_lurker said:
> Customize the report, Tags tab, in the Tags Contain field enter ~94_Del-Sol. That lead character is the tilde ~ a squiggly hyphen that is telling Quicken to NOT include transactions with tags that include that '94_Del-Sol' string.
Interesting on the tilde qualifier option. Was not aware of that. That other discussion appears to look like the user was using two tags for a single transaction (which has a purpose under some circumstances) and had issues when he removed or changed one of the tags. Seems the original transaction entry got corrupted for me and it applied the correct tag for one line in the split but both tags for the second line in the split. I, myself, rarely if ever use multiple tags for a single transaction or line in a split. Thanks for the input regardless.0