R48.9 - starts with a blank white screen & hangs until killed via Task Manager. (edit)

Options
jbondi
jbondi Member ✭✭

I have not had any issues running Quicken 2018 Deluxe until now. Now it starts with a blank white screen and hangs until I kill the process via Task Manager. I have uninstalled / installed several times, removed the latest Windows Update and added QW.EXE to Bitdefender's exception list. Nothing works! Help!

Joe

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding there being a blank screen when opening Quicken. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What release, Rxx.xx, is shown when you do Help→About Quicken?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jbondi
    jbondi Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't know, it doesn't open that far, but I will double check. I always install the latest updates when prompted.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Find the qw.exe file in Windows Explorer, right click on it and show the Properties, the release # (product version) should be on the Details tab as a 4 section # xx.xx.xx.xx.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding there being a blank screen when opening Quicken. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jbondi
    jbondi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Product version and file version are the same: 27.1.48.9
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jbondi

By now, you have seen Quicken Jasmine's post about the blank screen issue.

In the future, you should refer to your Quicken as "subscription Quicken" + the release # rather than 2018. While you bought it in 2018, your active subscription has kept it up to date as if you just bought Quicken 2022. The year is all marketing and in general meaningless. What is important is the release which you show as R48.9 and it is the one with the issue.

I hope they get it resolved quickly.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

EDIT - have updated the topic title with ALL the info to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jbondi
    jbondi Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > @jbondi
    >
    > By now, you have seen Quicken Jasmine's post about the blank screen issue.
    >
    > In the future, you should refer to your Quicken as "subscription Quicken" + the release # rather than 2018. While you bought it in 2018, your active subscription has kept it up to date as if you just bought Quicken 2022. The year is all marketing and in general meaningless. What is important is the release which you show as R48.9 and it is the one with the issue.
    >
    > I hope they get it resolved quickly.

Sorry, this is the first major Quicken issue I've had since using it years ago. I wasn't aware of what to include in the original discussion.
  • jbondi
    jbondi Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken is now working! Thanks for the fix; whatever it was!
This discussion has been closed.