What Chicagoland banks still support Quicken Direct Connect??

Options

What Chicagoland banks still support Quicken Direct Connect??

[Removed-Personal Information]

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @endmaker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

My internal systems show that there is one instance of Chicagoland available for online banking services, and this instance only offers Express Web Connect. However, you can reach out directly to your Financial Institution for more information, it is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @endmaker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

My internal systems show that there is one instance of Chicagoland available for online banking services, and this instance only offers Express Web Connect. However, you can reach out directly to your Financial Institution for more information, it is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@endmaker -

By "Chicagoland" are you referring to a specific bank or are you referring to the geographical region?

If you are referring to a specific bank, then as noted by @Quicken Jasmine there is only one listing that supports Quicken and they support Express Web Connect only…Chicagoland Electrical Industry http://www.ceicu.com/. But their website no longer exists and per Google they were a credit union that is no longer in business since they merged with Great Lakes Credit Union back in 2013. I'm guessing this listing should probably be removed from the FIDIR list. (BTW, Great Lakes CU supports Quicken but with Express Web Connect and Web Connect, not with Direct Connect.)

If you are inquiring about the Chicago area geographical region…which is my assumption (I am originally from northern IL so I know that is what "Chicagoland" usually refers to):

Wells Fargo, US Bank (for a monthly fee), PNC Bank and Midland States Bank offer DC, to name a few.

There are now also investment companies like Fidelity Investments that are not officially banks but which offer many banking services like checking, bill pay and savings options (both insured and uninsured options).

Perhaps your best bet is to write down a list of banks that you would like to use. Then search your hard drive for the FIDIR.TXT file. Search for the banks names in that file. Look for DIRECT in the bank listing. If you also want DC Bank Bill Pay included look for PAYMENT&DIRECT. Here are examples of what to look for….see the bold font words.:

03000 03000 03000 Wells Fargo Bank http://www.wellsfargo.com/ 1-800-956-4442 https://connect.secure.wellsfargo.com/auth/login/present ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

69838 69838 69838 Wellington State Bank - DC https://www.wellingtonsb.bank/ 806-447-2551 https://www.olb-ebanking.com/111308552/Enrollment/EnrollmentAdv.aspx ACTIVE ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING&DIRECT NOT_QBP NA

A couple of comments:

• At least some financial institutions are in the process of or are planning to transition DC to EWC+. There is no list or schedule showing this…we get informed of when one is going to transition with, if we are lucky, just 1-2 months advance notice. So, if you switch to a new bank because they still support DC don't be surprised if they, too, will at some time discontinue DC for EWC+.
    • Is there some reason why you must have a local bank? Today most banks support Internet banking and most services (including accounts creation, bill paying, transfers and check deposits) can be done from the comfort of home on a computer or via a smart phone app from anywhere in the country. And if you need cash then ATMs can often fill that need. But if you need to make cash deposits (especially large ones) then a brick and morter bank branch (or at least a branch inside a store) might be necessary. I have a local PNC branch that I work with but I only step foot in there maybe 3-4 times a year and those are mostly to take advantage of their free Notary Public service….been doing business with them almost entirely electronically for over 10 yrs. I also have a couple of Wells Fargo accounts and I have not set foot in a WF branch in at least 5 yrs.
    • Not all banks that have DC support will provide it for free. Some will charge a monthly fee for that privelege. You will need to contact the bank to find out what their policy is regarding this. (At this time, WF, PNC and Midland States Bank offer free DC and free DC Bank Bill Pay for most of their personal accounts.)

Any questions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.