currency list under tool

Options
jjonly
jjonly Member

when clicking the currency list the app/system crashed.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jjonly,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jjonly
    jjonly Member
    Options

thanks for your help, i tried the above mentioned two methods and the app/systerm still crashed after clicking the currency list

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for following up.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• jjonly
    jjonly Member
    Options

thanks for your reply.

yes I did all these steps-unstalled and reinstalled-you mentioned and still crashed.

when I click the currency list, the small screen show up -looks like the system tried to do something and then it crashed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Did this issue just start recently? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power outage, power surge, update, program or computer unexpectedly shutting down, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, on a shared network drive, or synced with a cloud service such as OneDrive or Dropbox?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• jjonly
    jjonly Member
    Options

it happened for a while-probably more than a year, i just recently knew the commuity forum due to other issues surfaced so I reported to see whether this is a common issue. i kept quicken file on my laptop C drive and no shared network drive . I do have cloud service on one drive or dropboc but only sync up the mobile phone stuffs.

happened before i renew my quicken services last year around this time frame, i thought maybe the new version will not have the issue,,,without luck.

I did use the currency list before and it worked out fine-but not right now.

I did send in the error report when the app crashed….and nothing happened

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Crash reports provide data used by our teams to improve stability in future releases, but they do not send responses to the customers who submit those reports.

I can see you already tried validate and super validate and they did not resolve the issue. Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• jjonly
    jjonly Member
    Options

I did all the steps that you recommended and it's still the same, i also sent in the crashed file

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• jjonly
    jjonly Member
    Options

thanks for your all timely responses.

This discussion has been closed.