Wrong Dates on Bills and Income Page

Options

My Quicken for Windows (R48.15) is showing future dates in the Last Payment column on the Bills and Income page. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jim Shiffrin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you currently use the Online Center to schedule payments? If you do, do these future dates match up with the information in Online Center>Payments?

Is this happening with all your billers or just some? Is it showing the due date instead of the last payment date?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I do not use the Online Center. It is not happening with all billers, just some of them. For example, I send a check to my church on the 4th of each month. Quicken says the last payment was entered on 4 June. There was a payment last June, and every month after that. Quicken is set to simply automatically record the check each month, which it does well.

For one of my credit cards, it shows a last payment of $322.33 on May 10. That is actually what I paid on May 10, 2019.

This is not critical - just a little strange!

Jim

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is this affecting online billers, manual billers, or both? If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's affecting manual billers only. I can not attach a screenshot of the error message, because there these is no error message. Here is a picture of the Bills and Income screen today, 25 March 2023.

I now believe these dates are actually all in the past. I changed the amount given to the Church from $450 to $250 in Oct 2022. The $322.33 payment to Military Star Card was actually from May 10, 2019.

I just ran a Validate and Repair on my data file - it found some issues going back to 2013, but the incorrect dates on the Bills and Income screen did not change.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I would recommend restoring a backup from before the issue started to see if the issue persists in the restored file. You can use this link for instructions on restoring from a backup. Note: If the restored backup does resolve the issue and you decide to proceed with that file, please keep in mind that you will likely need to set up any online billers again and re-enable your account(s) for QuickPay and/or CheckPay.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.