"It appears that one or more accounts at XXX have been deleted"

Options
robert W
robert W Member ✭✭✭

I am getting the above error after almost every update. It's been tied to Discover Bank, American Express Bank, and TIAA Bank. I also have an incorrect online balance at on account and an old error - the duplication of a charge from 2017 after a one-step update is urn, is appearing again on a closed account that is not connected to the one-step-update process.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• micdif
    micdif Member ✭✭
    Options
    Following. Just had this happen with my Amex after Quicken update. I followed the recommended fix and Quicken doesn't add the account.
  • micdif
    micdif Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just fixed this following some of the directions from here. It was originally a CC-800 error: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910475/cc-800-error-edited

Just went to my Amex account and deactivated the online services on the online tab. I didn't follow suggestion #2 (Add account). I just went back to my account Online tab and clicked Activate. Entered my credentials and the account became active again.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@micdif - did the fix the problem permanently? I have done this several times and it allows for an update or two but then the problem resurfaces. This morning after doing this for all of my accounts, four ended up broken after the one step update (I have about 20 accounts).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @robert W,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening with multiple financial institutions? How long has this issue been going on for? Is there anything else happening before the errors show up, such as restoring from a backup?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Kristina

I have tried several times to restore from a backup. I went back as far as a March 16 backup, as that was the most recent one that did not have any problems in it. If does not matter. Even starting back then I still go the message that accounts had been deleted (Amex bank, Chase credit card, TIAA bank, and Discover bank at various times). I can use the process of disabling online access for all related accounts, validating file, reconnecting accounts to get at least one good upload - but soon after on subsquent uploads the links break again.

I also noticed that account that were not listed as "deleted" were not updating (the balance was updating but not the transactions) and these had to be put through that process.

I cannot point to a triggering event. The first instance was not immediately after either creating a backup or restoring from one.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend checking to see if you have any inactive/closed accounts that are still trying to connect. To do that, first backup your file. Then, go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox in the lower left to allow you to show hidden accounts. Make sure that box is checked. Any account that has "yes" in the Transaction Download column thinks that its still connected.

If you see any accounts connecting that should not be connecting, you will need to deactivate those inactive/closed accounts.

Since you mentioned the issue doesn't happen every time you update, it may take a few days to know for sure if the issue is resolved. If you did not have any inactive/closed accounts that were trying to connect, please let me know so we can proceed to the next step.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Quicken_Kristina. This is very helpful. There was one closed account (a CD from a bank that no longer exists that matured in 2009) that was coded for online transactions. I disabled the online access for this account as instructed. I was successfully able to do an online update without problems after this. I'll check back with an update - either if there is a problem or after about a week if there isn't.

Again, thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it is working so far. Please let us know if the issue comes back.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Quicken_Kristina: I got the CC-800 message after a successful upload of my First National Bank of Omaha account - the update worked (brought in new transactions accurately) AND I got that message. This happened on March 28th. I figured maybe the error message was displayed in error - but I have determined that 1) the FNBO account stopped working after that update and 2) My Citibank credit card account stopped uploading on the same day - but it was not showing the CC-800 message.

One last try - I detached these from on-line updates, validated the file, and reconnected them, to see if they will work now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

If they are not working, please reach out so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Len Verrett
    Len Verrett Member
    Options

I just had the error today 'It appears one or more account(s) at Chase have been deleted. This could happen if you restored from a backup file. You must add the account(s) to Quicken again…" I logged onto my account at Chase from a browser; it was pending a contact information validation, not sure if related, but I confirmed the info and continued. I then went to the account in Quicken and selected Actions, Update Now, and this time it pulled down my transactions and cleared the CC-800 error. Worked for me, may not work for other folks.

This discussion has been closed.