Red Circle With Red Line through it

Options

I have set up my Quicken Check Register so it is linked to my Bank account. Everything worked fine until I had to change the password now it gives me an Error and will not update or March each transaction that it cleared. I also see a Circle nexted to each account with a Line Through it and in red. What did I do and how to fix it?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

If the account has next to it a red circle with a red line through it it means that the account is closed in Quicken. You can confirm this by going the Display tab of Account Details. If the account is actually closed it will say it there. Closed accounts cannot be reopened.

You said your had to change the PW for the account which, if the account is set up with the EWC or EWC+ connection method, would require the account to be Deactivated. Some people have accidentally Closed the account instead of Deactivated it. Do you think that perhaps that might have happened?

If indeed your checking account is Closed you might want to do the following:

1. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    2. If this happened recently and you have a recent backup file: Restore the backup file and go through the Deactivate/Reactivate process to update the PW (making sure not to Close the account). If this works, you are done and can disregard the following steps. If you do not have a recent backup, proceed to the next step.
    3. Set up the checking account via Add Account and if prompted be sure to let Quicken add the download as a new account instead of trying to Link it to the existing account.
    4. In the new account register: Delete the Opening Balance transaction and all transactions that are entered that overlap with transactions in your closed account.
    5. In the old account: Click on the Opening Balance transaction, scroll down to the most recent transaction and while holding down the Shift key click on it. Now all transactions in the register should be shaded.
    6. Right click anywhere on the shaded transactions > Reconcile Status > select "Cleared" > Yes.
    7. Repeat step 5.
    8. Right click anywere on the shaded transactions > Move Transaction(s) > select the new checking account > OK. All the old account transactions should not be in the new account. If there were any transfer categories present Quicken will automaticaly have updated them to reflect the transactions move.

Check the new account check balance. If it looks OK, reconcile the account and then you can delete the old account.

Questions? Comments?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the account has next to it a red circle with a red line through it it means that the account is closed in Quicken.

Not always. There is now a lighter (less bright red) circle-slash which indicates a problem of some kind. I'm not sure which problems cause this new circle-slash to appear.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Clayton Taft,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. From what you're describing, it sounds like you're getting a CC-800 error (which can appear as a lighter red circle with a slash through it). If that is the error you are getting, you can resolve it by deactivating and reactivating the accounts. To do that, first, you would want to backup your file. Then, follow the steps below:

Deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the process of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Is this new? I was not aware of this before.

And why red? Make it orange or purple or pink….just not red. Someone wasn't thinking when they set this up.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Quicken Kristina - Any chance that you can post a picture showing what this new lighter shaded red looks like compared to the more bold red?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Boatnmaniac,

Sorry, while I have seen that symbol many times, I don't have any screenshots of it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

CC-800 Chase started tonight. There you are.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina The instructions for fixing CC-800 do not work. Shows all accounts already authrorized and none to even add. This is a new issue. Chase thinks I am good for all accounts. Quicken does not. Even the online billers are broken. Should be escalated. Like Covid, its a new varient :)

I did send a report and logs to Support.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Got it working as expected. Tricky. Explained in my discussion on Chase CC-800

This discussion has been closed.