Goldman Sachs - downloading into Quicken

I have Quicken Deluxe and received a message a few days ago that Goldman Sachs will be starting to use a new connection method. Now, I can no longer download anything from Goldman Sachs and there are no instructions on how to change the connection method. I tried to "reset account" under online services in Quicken but nothing happens.

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jandr74 ,

I do apologize for the error message that you are receiving now.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please save a backup (just in case).

To start with, please right-click the account experiencing this problem in the Account List sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account. Then, navigate to the Online Services tab and check if "Automatic entry is: ..." is set to On or Off (see below).

Please click on it and select the opposite choice of what is currently selected. If it is set to "No - Never...", please switch it to "Yes - Always…" or vice versa (see below). Doing so should allow you to deactivate the account without getting the error message again. You can switch this setting back after reactivating the account.

Once that is done, attempt to deactivate the account. If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you this worked

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Jandr74 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions? What exactly occurs? What is your connection method with Goldman Sachs? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    Attached is the relevant portion of the screen shot after trying to update the Goldman files. You can see the error code of OL-297-A. None of my Goldman accounts are updating.

Note that previously there was no "zzz-" preceding Goldman Sachs.

The connection method that is listed under Tool/Account is direct connection.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Jandr74 ,

Thank you for providing more information.

When a Financial Institution instance appears with a "zzz" in the beginning, this means that this particular instance has been disabled. I suggest deactivating and then reactivating your accounts using one of the other instances offered from within our Financial institution list, dependent upon which type of account you have (see screenshot below).

Please, follow the instructions below in order to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    I am not able to deactivate the accounts. I receive the attached message saying I must download additional transactions first. Of course, I cannot do so since my issue is that I cannot download new transactions. How do I get around this problem?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jandr74 ,

I do apologize for the error message that you are receiving now.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please save a backup (just in case).

To start with, please right-click the account experiencing this problem in the Account List sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account. Then, navigate to the Online Services tab and check if "Automatic entry is: ..." is set to On or Off (see below).

Please click on it and select the opposite choice of what is currently selected. If it is set to "No - Never...", please switch it to "Yes - Always…" or vice versa (see below). Doing so should allow you to deactivate the account without getting the error message again. You can switch this setting back after reactivating the account.

Once that is done, attempt to deactivate the account. If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you this worked
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Jandr74 ,

You are very welcome.

Do you require any further assistance with connecting your Goldman Sachs account(s)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.