Downloading from Best Buy Credit Card

mwolfe011
mwolfe011 Member ✭✭
I can't sign my Best Buy Citibank Card in to download transactions. This is using the correct institution (Best Buy Credit Card) as offered by Quicken-- It's the same site I use with Safari.
I receive the message "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Best Buy Credit Card". I am using the Correct credentials— they work at the website: citiretailservices.citibankonline.com I've successfully downloaded from this account until the last week

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @mwolfe011,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, you have confirmed that you are using the correct credentials and the correct instance, however, you continue to receive an invalid credentials error message when attempting to add your account(s)?

If so, then first, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Best Buy Credit Card to see if you receive the same error message. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mwolfe011
    mwolfe011 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine: Yes to your restatement for clarity. I forgot to mention I've already tried creating a test file and establishing the Best Buy Credit Card per the prompt. I got the same message. I've also reported the issue with screen shot to the tech folks per the option available with the error message.
    Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @mwolfe011,

Thank you for providing more information.

Before we proceed, I would like to confirm that you are not using any special characters within your username or password that could be conflicting with Quicken. These include but are not limited to >, <, /, \, or &. Just so you are aware, Quicken does also have a 16-character limit in regard to passwords. If your username or password includes any special characters or is longer than 16 characters, I suggest navigating directly to the financial institution's website, changing the password, then navigating back to Quicken and attempting to add your account(s) again.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mwolfe011
    mwolfe011 Member ✭✭
    Only "special" character was a period in the user name. Password is 13 characters. Changed user name with the institution (citiretailservices.citibank) online and tried again.
    Still get the same error message.

Thanks for the ongoing effort
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @mwolfe011,

Thank you for attempting to revise the username.

Due to this issue occurring in the main file and the test file and that there are no special characters, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do truly apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• mwolfe011
    mwolfe011 Member ✭✭
    Thank and not surprised. There used to be a number for premier subscriptions for a quick response-- can't find it. Do you know where to look?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@mwolfe011 If you log into your Quicken.com account, you will see the number on the top right of the page. (Sorry for not posting it here, but it's supposed to be available only to people who pay extra for Quicken Premier.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mwolfe011
    mwolfe011 Member ✭✭
    Thanks and I get it-- that's what I need and recollect now
This discussion has been closed.