Is it possible to have 2 Quicken IDs/accounts on the same computer?

Options
I use Quicken Deluxe for my personal finances and have a subscription. I'm also the treasurer for a small non-profit social club. The club has authorized funds for the purchase of a Quicken Deluxe subscription. I want to keep the club's files separate from my personal files and have them sync to separate cloud accounts. Can this be done? I don't see any way to "log out" of my account and "log in" using the club account in the app.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It is cumbersome, but if you don't go through that process each time, it will change the Quicken ID the file is associated with, which would not be a desired outcome.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Len57,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. You can switch between different Quicken IDs. To log out, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click on the blue Sign in as a different user link. Quicken will log you out and bring back to the login screen so you can log in with the other Quicken ID and password.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As described by @Quicken Kristina it is possible, but you will want to do the changeover in a certain sequence as follows:

Create a dummy file, it doesn't need any accounts, you just need a file.

When you go to change IDs as described above, open the dummy file and do the ID change while it is open. Then open the file for the ID that you just changed to. When going back to the other file, open the dummy file, change the ID and then open the other file.

Yes, it is cumbersome, but you really don't want to open your file with the club's ID and vice versa.

ALWAYS change the ID with the dummy file open.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Len57
    Len57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to your responses I was able to get this set up and working. Just so I'm clear, do I have to go through the "OpenDummyFile -> ChangeID -> OpenClubFile" dance every time I want to switch between personal and club files? Definitely cumbersome if that is the case.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It is cumbersome, but if you don't go through that process each time, it will change the Quicken ID the file is associated with, which would not be a desired outcome.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Would it work - and be less cumbersome - to create a new Windows user and switch Windows logins?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Len57 - need to step back and ask HOW you are going to use these two files. Will anyone else from the club want to access the Quicken data via the Quicken Mobile App or via browser and Quicken on the Web ?

If no one else will be accessing the club data, and therefore doesn't need to know the 2nd account User ID / Password - then just run with 2 different QDF files and simply File Open each file as needed … all with one ID until such time when you really want to split things.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Len57
    Len57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rocket J Squirrel I'm beginning to think this may be the solution as it is really a pain the other way.
  • Len57
    Len57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Ps56k2 I was doing it this way for a while, but I needed to buy a subscription for the club and needed another user ID to do that. Eventually the treasurer position will be taken over by someone else and I need a clean way to hand everything over to them. My plan is to just give them the credentials I used to purchase the club subscription along with a backup of the file and they will be set. I may try the separate Windows account method suggested by @Rocket J Squirrel.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Could you not just create a new Quicken File using your subscription of Quicken? Name the new file, say "Club Account"? Use this new file for your social club. You can open whichever file you want to work on that way and no 2nd ID will be required.

When you pass the social club data file to someone else all they need to do is have their own subscription and open the "Club Account" file you give them.

Would this not work guys?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.