Expired subscription - why does QW still ask to log into Quicken.com (edit)

Options

Once the subscription expires, why does QW ask to log into Quicken.com?
What purpose does this serve (for the user)
and how do we disable this?
Thanks

[edited] for reading … also edited the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @rgs nerur,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

For clarification, could you please elaborate and provide additional details on what you are experiencing?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what you described receiving as well? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Quicken Jasmine - when I launch my QW on windows, after entering my QW password, it pops up a login screen to Quicken.com even though my subscription has expired. Doesn't do it every time I launch QW but does it often enough. I just tried 3 times and it didn't ask to connect to quicken.com (and hence no screen shot).
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

what prompt for password ?
    … after entering my QW password
    Is this a FILE Password or ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Options
    >>Is this a FILE Password or ?

I answered this earlier right - notice, "It pops up a login screen to Quicken.com". So no, this is NOT a file password. This is to the Quicken.com site - see the attached picture
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Subscription reuqires you to login with your Quicken ID/paas word to determine your subscription is vaild or expired. How would Quicken know if you decided to renew your subscription without logginf in?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Options
    okay, that makes sense. Is there a way to disable this if one intends not to renew the subscription? Thank you
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wanted to add as well that I have been a long time user (early 90's) and have generally been a fan of this product. I don't mind paying the annual subscription but I find that the product has deteriorated lately to a point where one of my key downloads (Fidelity) almost always breaks. I have tried the support forum to no avail. And their workaround of disabling the download, re-enable, etc. was getting to be tiresome (not to mention that it doesn't work most of the time). So I used to enter the transactions manually anyways.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited April 2023
    Options

No, you can't disable the login. I have a Fidelity account and have no problems with downloads. What connection method are you using Direct Connect or some other? Do you get an error message when the download fails?

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Options
    Greg, thank you. I *was* using Direct Connect (while the subscription was active). I and few others have documented our download issues with Fidelity on this thread -

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911009/continuing-download-issues-with-fidelity-ol-220-a#latest

and here

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20257441#Comment_20257441

Error wise, I used to get OL-220-A. I have tried all of the quicken suggestions (feels more like darts), deactivate/activate, disable Norton, file validate. What I have found to be singularly frustrating is that, they don't provide any type diagnostic logging.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Are you using a VPN by any chance? Have you tried creating a new Fidelity account(s) in Quicken and enabling online services? If it works, you can move the transactions from the old account to the new. Make a backup before trying anything.

This discussion has been closed.