How to delete duplicate Placeholder CheckPay transactions

Options

The other day, I had to restore from backup and lost some QuickPay transactions. So I went to Reivew and Repair

I got back the transactions I wanted, but it also restored some CheckPay transctions that were already in my register. So now, I have dupliate transctions that I cannot delete, because it tells me I have to canel them first. These are payments that were made weeks ago. As you can see below, there is one transction that is already Reconciled and then there is the new 'Placeholder' transction. How can I delete the placeholder

(I can't restore from backup, sine this was a few days ago. I didn't notice it right away)

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since you can see the Placeholders … why can't you simply select them and press CTRL-D?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Because CheckPay transactions can't simply be deleted. It tells me that I need to cancel it first. But I can't cancel them because they have already been paid

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then delete that one above it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Again, these are check pay transactions and cannot be deleted. Perhaps one of the quicken people can answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @PeterK,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as this issue will likely require an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.