How to view unreconciled transactions only?

Options

I am having trouble finding the option to view transactions that have not yet been reconciled in Quicken for Mac. While I see the ability to filter by status such as categorized, cleared, and reviewed, I can't seem to locate this particular feature. I'm hoping someone can help me locate it as it's a key feature that I find particularly useful.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Sad Mac Convert,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you tried sorting by the cleared status? If you don't have the Clr column in your register, then you would look near the lower right and click the columns icon.

Then, when it gives you a list of columns to add or remove, select the Clr column.

Now you will have the option to sort by the cleared status.

I hope that helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The only way I can think to see only unreconciled transactions in an account would be to start an actual reconcile. This will show the list of uncleared plus cleared-but-not-reconciled transactions.

Another option would be to sort the Clr column in decending order. This will show uncleared, then cleared, then reconciled transactions in that order.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You say you can see cleared transactions, but I'm not sure if you're referring to the Status column which shows the blue and orange dots and envelopes (often at the left edge of the register)? Do you have the "Clr" column visible in your register(s)? If not, click on the Columns icon and check "Clr". This is the column shows either blank, a blue checkmark (cleared), or a green checkmark (reconciled). If you click on the "Clr" column heading, it will sort the transacitons by Clr status, so all the unreconciled transactions will be together.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Sad Mac Convert
    Sad Mac Convert Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you all, and yes, I'm talking about the CLR column. I want to display only unreconciled transactions (i.e. transactions that do not have a green checkmark). I know how to sort them. I think RickO is right - it isn't possible unless you are actively reconciling. Oh well.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Well, if you sort by the Clr column, all the unreconciled transactions jump to the top. If you want to see those without the other transactions, select the first unreconciled transaction, shift-click on the last unreconciled transaction, and select Print. In the pop-up, set Include to "Selected transactions only" and click OK. In the Print dialog box, you can then select Open in Preview from the PDF drop-down, and you'll have a list of all the unreconciled transactions, with a total.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.