Can't connect Fidelity Investments on Mac

Options
MJGR
MJGR Member

I am trying to connect my Fidelity Investment account on my Mac. I search for Fidelity Investments and select Fidelity Investments Mac. But when i enter my credentials it says 'Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Fidelity Investments Mac.' When I enter the same credentials outside Quicken to login to Fidelity Investments, it works fine. Help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MJGR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this an account that was previously connected, or first time adding it? Do you have any other accounts already connected with this financial institution in your Quicken file? Also, just to verify, when you tested on the financial institution website, did you type in your login information manually, or do you use a password manager that automatically fills in that information?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MJGR
    MJGR Member
    Options

Hi Kristina, I had this connected previously but then deleted the account under quicken when the duplicate issue occurred. I am now trying to set up the account as new again. I don't have any other accounts for Fidelity connected. I typed manually (copy and paste from Password Manager) into the financial institution website.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @MJGR,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Fidelity account(s) there to see if the same issue occurs. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MJGR
    MJGR Member
    Options

Hi Jasmine, I tried that and I still couldn't sign on. I am trying to connect Quicken on my Mac to my Fidelity 401K account. I am selecting Fidelity Investments Mac from the list and enter the same userid and password I use to sign directly into fidelity.com but it says 'Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Fidelity Investments Mac.'

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't do so already, go to Account>Hide and Show Accounts, and check the Financial Institution column to see if any other accounts think they are connected to that financial institution. If you see any old/inactive accounts that still think they are connected to that financial institution, then you may want to disconnect or close those accounts, since they may be causing the issue. Note: it is always a good idea to save a backup before disconnecting or closing accounts.

It is also a good idea to check your keychain app on your computer to make sure you don't have any old passwords stored that could be causing the issue. To do that, you can use these steps from this article:

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

After you have done that, try connecting again. If its still not liking your password, try using a different connection, such as Fidelity 401K.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MJGR
    MJGR Member
    Options

Thank you Kristina. Connecting to Fidelity 401K worked!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that connection worked.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.