Please, please, make Quicken for Mac multi-currency!!!

Options
J-C Bailly
J-C Bailly Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I have been a Quicken user for more than 30 years, and I am now using exclusively Mac computers, no more Windows.

However, for reasons beyond my comprehension, Quicken for Mac remains obstinately strictly dollar based only, meaning that if you have foreign investment accounts as well, you are unable to properly follow your investments and expenses done in other currencies since they won't be properly recorded in your budget.

This is a serious flaw in my humble view, as a "work around", I have to keep a BootCamp partition exclusively for Quicken Windows which is really quite frustrating since I have for years now tried to plead for a review of this policy, but no feedback from the developer!

I simply cannot believe that I am THE only Quicken user dealing with foreign currency accounts and investments, that would be astonishing, so why is this not an objective for Quicken for Mac?

In the meantime, I shall not renew my membership until I get a clear understanding of where this software goes in terms of development, and continue using my BootCamp Windows version without the benefit of downloads.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, you're not the only user who wants Quicken Mac to embrace multi-currency support. There is a long-unning thread requesting this functionality, and the developers have marked the status of that thread as "Planned". The good news is that means they both agree with the idea, and have allocated time for it on their development schedule. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing where work stands on this issue nor when it is scheduled to be released; it could be two months or two years. Quicken never comments on when a future feature is expected.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @J-C Bailly,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

While Quicken for Mac does not currently offer the feature you desire, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead which is currently marked as Planned. If you would like to be notified of updates on this feature as they become available, you can go ahead and bookmark the thread by clicking the bookmark icon on the top-right corner.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.